Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By benny3
  • 1 Post By Mikey47
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Found a lte for 150

    So just want something to play with alongside my iPhone 5. I hear the phone has issues though. I want to know why are they so cheap now also.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    I kept mine when i left Sprint. I think its a great phone.
    It might be so cheap because it is Sprint and they have had issues with NV upgrades.
    But check the obvious, bad ESN, hacked with problems, stolen, normal stuff.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    It's a clean Esn, how about the software issues like reception and so forth?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    It's a clean Esn, how about the software issues like reception and so forth?
    My wife and I had pretty horrible reception. Took both back and got an S3. Haven't had any problems with the S3.

    Some have had great success with the EVO LTE but, for use it was horrible.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Think alot of that will be location based.
    My EVO LTE had signal issues early on but before i left in January (5 months ago) my EVO LTE was performing as well as the GS3 on Sprint. I was getting better battery life on the EVO LTE and made that my primary device.
    Im on TMO now and miss my EVO LTE..
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  6. #6  
    gollum18's Avatar

    Posts
    1,510 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Quote Originally Posted by tooter123 View Post
    My wife and I had pretty horrible reception. Took both back and got an S3. Haven't had any problems with the S3.

    Some have had great success with the EVO LTE but, for use it was horrible.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    That's weird, behind LG and motorola, htc ranks third with the quality of their radio chips. In fact samsung is horribly notorious for their radio chips. The s3 is just a suped up version if the Galaxy nexus (which had abhorrent reception) and share near identical hardware.

    Personally I get really bad reception with my s3 and the tower is literally half a mile up the road (oddly enough it's in the middle of a farm), and it is a Sprint tower.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

    Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

    Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    My iPhone has great reception, I got the 5. I just have trouble typing on this cramped keyboard.

    I've been debating it all day with the Evo let, the price dropped a lot because the sold so well.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    That's weird, behind LG and motorola, htc ranks third with the quality of their radio chips. In fact samsung is horribly notorious for their radio chips. The s3 is just a suped up version if the Galaxy nexus (which had abhorrent reception) and share near identical hardware.

    Personally I get really bad reception with my s3 and the tower is literally half a mile up the road (oddly enough it's in the middle of a farm), and it is a Sprint tower.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    It sucked to take the EVO back cause we really liked the phone. I would have kept it if it wasn't for the signal problems. I could be in a really good signal path and it would drop signal.

    Haven't had any problems with the S3 dropping signal like the EVO did.
  9. #9  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,530 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    I agree samsung radios do suck. I have the HTC ONE and the wife has the S3 and we are on sprint. We live in a small town in Northern Mich. We play the online game from Google "Ingress" I can have good signal and she'll have No data connection at all.



    TonyLibations likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    So just want something to play with alongside my iPhone 5. I hear the phone has issues though. I want to know why are they so cheap now also.
    Wife and both have them. Both are awesome! Until my wife broke the screen on hers, that is. We had to go three three refurbs until we got one that worked fine.

    As for the why are they so cheap now question, I would assume simply it is "old". With the One out, it's not the "latest greatest" so price is going to invariably come down. Some people are dumping their EVO 4G LTE to get the One (and some to get the S4). The phone is only a year old, but that's the life of cell phones.
    balansboy likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Well the guy says he left sprint but spri t can't cut off his service till June 17 so he says I get free service till then but I don't trust him, not only is he asking only 150 he may trying to scam .

    I don't know of he owes sprint and sprint won't talk about if its not with the owner so I might stay away.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Well the guy says he left sprint but spri t can't cut off his service till June 17 so he says I get free service till then but I don't trust him, not only is he asking only 150 he may trying to scam .

    I don't know of he owes sprint and sprint won't talk about if its not with the owner so I might stay away.
    That is strange. You could get the ESN, call Sprint and see what they say about it.....
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    Well the guy says he left sprint but spri t can't cut off his service till June 17 so he says I get free service till then but I don't trust him, not only is he asking only 150 he may trying to scam .

    I don't know of he owes sprint and sprint won't talk about if its not with the owner so I might stay away.
    You two are not local to one another, huh? If you are, it would be best to meet at a Sprint store. There is no way Sprint can't "cut off his service". Even if that were true he'd be a fool to give you a phone activated on his account, you could rack up a lot of charges.

    If you can't meet, I'd stay far, far away.
  14. #14  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,530 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Maybe he's paid up til june and its the end of contract ? Still strange tho



  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    He says he paid his service off till June 17 and he paid his cancellation fee but sprint lets the service run till the 17th I'm gonna ask him to meet me at a sprint store.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    He wants to do just that give me a activated phone till the 17th.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    He wants to do just that give me a activated phone till the 17th.
    I wouldn't do that until you get confirmation from Sprint that it'll be good to activate on your account after his account is disconnected and closed.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    delta7's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Quote Originally Posted by tooter123 View Post
    I wouldn't do that until you get confirmation from Sprint that it'll be good to activate on your account after his account is disconnected and closed.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Yeah, he said he didn't realize that so he told me he'll contact me on the 17th.. Either he's a noob or he's a slick scammer. I got owned last year with a galaxy nexus so I kinda went into this not trusting strangers.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Found a lte for 150

    Find an old phone and get the ESN on that. Buy his, have him do an ESN swap with Sprint to get the old phone on his account, then when the EVO LTE is off his account add it to yours.
    Once thats done its officially yours and on your account.
    Thats what i would do if faced with a situation like yours.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone found Print solution for Tab?
    By CSI Guy in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 08:57 PM
  2. I think I found a remedy for SMS timestamp issue
    By dwaynewilliams#AC in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 06:18 PM
  3. Anyone found the apks for the nifty Droid X widgets floating around online?
    By mhespenh in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 05:37 PM
  4. launcher pro not found in market for evo or incredible?
    By rotz055 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 04:03 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

B