EVO is knocking other devices off router

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I really don't understand this....at all, because it's not constant. At certain times, when I have the EVO on the home WfFi, the laptops & other attached devices keep disconnecting & reconnecting to the router. While this is happening, it seems the EVO is unphased & stays active & functional on WiFi. Resetting the cable modem & router does not fix it. I also have deleted & re-created the network connections on the devices & the EVO. It is not all the time.....but random when it happens. So sometimes, all devices play fine with no disconnects. When it's happening, it stops when I turn the WiFi on the EVO off.

Devices attached to our router:
1 Samsung TV
1 DIRECTV (attached via wireless game adapter)
1 XBOX 360S (usually not powered on)
2 Laptops (not constantly powered/connected
1 Wireless Canon Printer (usually not powered on)
1 Samsung Galaxy S2
1 HTC EVO 4G LTE

Any ideas on a what is happening or a possible fix so the EVO is not knocking other devices off the network?

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
try putting your router on one channel if it is set to automatic. install a app on your phone like wifi analyzer and see what channels your neighbors are using. likely a lot of 6's. try for 1 or 11 if that the case. that may solve the issue

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
OK, did this & still having the problem. EVO stays connected to network & at least the 2 laptops get booted.

Looks like the neighbors are using channel 1 & 11, all on NetGear routers. I switched mine from auto to 8 since that was not being used & the issue is still happening.

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
There may be an ip address conflict with two or more of your devices. Try ipconfig in cmd prompt. Type release then renew. Then reconnect each device.

Sent from my Note 2

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Tried the ipconfig a couple times & it still occurs. I'm trying to view the router log to look for hints of what is happening, but haven't seen anything yet.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Does your router support 5G? It's less likely that your neighbors would be using it (less interference) so you can connect your phone to 5G and connect all other devices just as you normally would.

Posted via Android Central App

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Nope, just 2.4GHz. It's a Netgear WNR3500. I tried setting the EVO to 5GHz only & it would not connect & also looked in the router config also....nothing. I didn't have any of these issues before getting the EVO, so I would not suspect interference with neighbors. I live in a rural area, so I can really only see the networks on each house near me (2 networks).

It seems to happen completely at random, sometimes seems like it's more often when the EVO is plugged in & charging. The first time I saw it happening repeatedly (non-stop & frequent) was when I had the EVO trying to synch my Google Music library to the phone (downloading large amounts of data) via WiFi. Not sure if that relates to the specific issue I am having.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2