Slow connection (not connecting 3G)

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's a possible setting issue or a hardware problem with the phone. I am only getting slow connection (1XRTT) [it does connect to 4GLTE when in those areas]. It seems I am never connecting to 3G (EVDO-A). Over the past few weeks, my connection has been really horrible unless connected to 4G (or wireless at home). I have repeatedly used SpeedTest both at work & home & am getting pings of about 1 second (1000 ms), DL of 50-75 kbps, UL or about 100-150 kbps.

I have done some side-by-sides of my EVO with the wife's Samsung S2,which is getting an expected low ping time & DL speeds of 600-1000+ kbps. Hers is almost always connecting EVDO-A. The EVO is only showing connections via 1XRTT & EHRPD.

Are there any setting in the EVO that can limit it's connection types?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like your area is undergoing the vision upgrade

Posted via Android Central App

This is really getting annoying and making sprint unusable for me. Dropped calls. Poor signal. Slow or no data. Terrible voice quality.

They better finish soon. Luckily for them I'm not paying the ridiculously high etf just yet.

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it's a possible setting issue or a hardware problem with the phone.

Contact Sprint. I have seen some similar types of issues before that were caused by the data profile being bad/wrong/corrupt/rejected/whatever and their "repartitioning it" (or whatever they like to call it) fixed the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678