| || |
Pull the ring to unlock won't respond
Sorry if this repeats another thread. I tried to search for it various ways and couldn't find an exact match.
Here is my problem.
I have an HTC Evo 4G LTE. Within the past month or so, I have seen the following behavior:
1. When I press power to turn on the screen and log in to the phone, all seems normal.
2. I pull up on the ring at the bottom to unlock my phone.
3. Instead of bringing up the keypad to let me unlock the phone, the ring just sits there pulled as far as I can pull it.
4. The time at the top disappears and is replaced by the text "Pull the ring to unlock."
5. After a few seconds, the "Pull the ring to unlock" message disappears and is replaced by the phone time display, but the unlock keypad still doesn't come up.
6. Sometimes, depending on the time of day or maybe what is running in the background, I don't know yet, the ring responds and allows the keypad to pop up.
This is very frustrating , because it prevents me from using the phone at all until the keypad comes up and lets me log in. Sometimes I just give up after 10-12 tries. At other times the keypad comes up after 2-3 tries or even immediately on the first try. Completely unpredictable. I also sometimes have seen a different (but maybe related) problem where my phone starts randomly and spontaneously typing long strings of text.
Has anyone seen the above behavior? Is this a bug or app interaction? Has my phone been hacked or infected somehow? Or is somehow my touchscreen messing up? I've had the phone since around summer 2012.
I tried installing SwiftKey, but that didn't help. Then I thought it was my messaging app, HandCent, so I tried Go SMS and then Chomp without success, and finally reverted back to the stock Android SMS app. Again, the problem persists.
Thanks in advance for any help. Let me know if any other information can help diagnose this problem and let me fix it. It's driving me crazy.
C. Gordon Algernon (with apologies to Daniel Keyes )