Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Black back ground

I did a search and all it returned was results on blank screens. The issue I'm having is every now and then the back ground (wall paper) goes black. The apps and everything are still there just the background is black and reverts back to my wallpaper after a few seconds.
    Anyone else experienced this?.
    It usually only does this after heavy phone app usage. I'm not complaining just wondering if anyone else has the same.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by 97trakin; 06-20-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    My Andriod'foo is stronger than your Apple'foo.

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Default Re: Black back ground

Mine is doing this also, blackout lasts up to 10 seconds. I'm trying to see if I'm hitting a memory barrier.
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I think mine started doing it after the 4.1 update. I was going to swap the phone for a brand new of the same since I'm still within the one year manufactures warranty but I think I'll leave it alone because the phone is still awesome.
    Thanks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok quick update. I changed to a live wallpaper namely "Sun Beam" (see screen shot) and the problem has gone away. It's been little over a week and since using a live wallpaper the black screen has not happened. I guess more processor power is being used for the live wallpaper which is keeping the wallpaper from "blanking out".
    *Just my guess as I'm no smartphone guru.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quick update. Just under a month and since switching to a live wallpaper I've not had the "black background" issue resurface.
    If you're having the "black background" issue I suggest switching to a live wallpaper. And no, I haven't noticed any hit to battery life.