I think the One S announcement also extends to the EVO LTE

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've long said that the EVO LTE was more of a One S variant than a One X. There are numerous reasons for this listed in previous post so I re-hash them here. With today's announcement by HTC that the One S will no longer get updates I also suspect that to extend to the EVO LTE. I just dont see how adding 4.2 or 4.3 to the Evo makes any sense for HTC. They have already gotten the little life out of our device that they can. This is evident by the inclusion of the HTC ONE to Sprint's lineup and subsequent killing of the EVO brand itself. With that said I still love my device and wouldn't trade it for an HTC ONE unless catastrophic damage occurred. At that point I think expecting any further OEM updates is a pipe dream

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The Evo LTE is much more a One X than a One S. Unlike the One S, the One X has the same CPU, same and screen. As to whether there will be a Sense 5 update for the Evo LTE, we just don't know. I think the One S announcement DOES make it more unlikely- but also so for the One X.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep One S was always midrange part, the OneX/evo LTE were the flagships...I suspect they'll be supported a bit longer

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non