Sprint 4g service active in Cleveland area

dbarnes2270

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Good morning all, I got up this morning and went out to find......4g service. Seems like a significant upgrade in speed. Hoping this is citywide and permanent.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You should be seeing it start to pop up in little isolated parts across the city. Sprint has been focusing on activating and upgrading the suburbs first like Brooklyn. If they are actually starting to deploy 4g service in Cleveland, it'd be real nice.

Would you mind posting up a screenshot of your speeds?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. I'm not in Cleveland but I am in southern OH. I will be in Cleveland in a few weeks though and be checking out.

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I hope to start seeing it soon in the Twinsburg area. I use Waze on the drive in so it will be easy to see the 4G icon.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Makes no sense how sprint is rolling this out. All the ****ty areas get lte first I'm Cleveland, and the major areas don't. Who cares if Brooklyn gets lte, that will only help me if I'm at the zoo. How about downtown Cleveland, or other major players in the area. Then move to the suburbs

YES! YES! YES!

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Makes no sense how sprint is rolling this out. All the ****ty areas get lte first I'm Cleveland, and the major areas don't. Who cares if Brooklyn gets lte, that will only help me if I'm at the zoo. How about downtown Cleveland, or other major players in the area. Then move to the suburbs

YES! YES! YES!

Even though they are hitting smaller areas of the country I'm pretty sure I'm going to be dead before I see anything here in good old Marietta OH.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
OK so interesting, I was headed south on i77 just 3 miles north of Marietta OH (for any that don't know this is moments before the crossover to West Virginia) and my EVO LTE kicked on 4G! I started a speed test and peaked around 6mps then it timed out 1/2 way through the download and kicked back to 3G. I didn't get a screenshot because my phone was in the iGrip holder at the time. Bummer there. If I can reproduce it I'll get a screen cap.

It's weird though. We have WiMAX coverage here and Sprints coverage site shows that we don't have that either. If I actually got LTE here I would be a happy camper naturally, but to reiterate, the roll out still makes no sense. Would I be happy with LTE here, naturally! But does it make sense to roll out LTE in my small city of about 15,000 people before other REAL cities? Hell no!

Last edited:

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but it seems as this one is closer to home I will here as well. 3rd mile marker rest stop on i77 North.

Attachments

• 20130917_071302.jpg
    20130917_071302.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2013-09-17-07-00-20.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-17-07-00-20.png
    515.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2013-09-17-07-00-27.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-17-07-00-27.png
    517.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2013-09-17-07-03-27.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-17-07-03-27.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 22

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Can we get a little LTE love here in Cincinnati, Sprint!? Puh puh puhlease!

Lmao getting a little jelly of my fellow Ohioans snapping screen shots of LTE speeds/connections!

Posted via Android Central App

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I was in Marietta recently and I was getting a 4G signal....at least on I-77 and near Marietta College.

Yep its popping up everywhere slowly. Even in Boaz between Williamstown and Vienna in WV. Went to Columbus and Dublin OH last week and there was nothing. Really good 3G. Like around 2MB/S on the download. But no LTE. eHRPD is everywhere around where I live though. So that's a good sign!

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Pleeeeeease god of 4g OR LTE in Massillon, Ohio give us at least ONE WORKING TOWER!! IN SAN ANTONIO have it everywhere - I go up there and my EVO LTE is a paperweight! For over 2 years I call sprint about once a day and I get "the towers are down and will be up by 4:00". 4:00 of WHAT YEAR?
The frustration is because my mother is ill and the phone is the ONLY way to keep family up to date or help when I need it. Why they continue to charge their outrageous rates for NO SERVICE is utterly inconceivable.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
If your towers are down for the last 2 yrs I'd be switching carriers man, for real. Talk about paying for nothing.

Pleeeeeease god of 4g OR LTE in Massillon, Ohio give us at least ONE WORKING TOWER!! IN SAN ANTONIO have it everywhere - I go up there and my EVO LTE is a paperweight! For over 2 years I call sprint about once a day and I get "the towers are down and will be up by 4:00". 4:00 of WHAT YEAR?
The frustration is because my mother is ill and the phone is the ONLY way to keep family up to date or help when I need it. Why they continue to charge their outrageous rates for NO SERVICE is utterly inconceivable.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon