Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question I deleted my mass storage. Can I get it back?

I'm not saying I deleted particular files, but the 9.92GB that are usable with the phone is not accessible FROM THE PHONE. In my recovery (TWRP v2.05) it shows internal storage as having 0 MB available. I'm talking the normal stuff like .clipboard, downloads, DCIM, etc. I've browsed dozens of forums (xda, htcevoroot, acforums) and they either point me to ADB sideload operations or tell me how to mount the internal mass storage. It is no longer there.

The kicker is that when I plug the phone to my PC, and mount via TWRP, it shows up! I can see the zip files for the next flash I was going to attempt (cm10.1.3 RC), but when i look through twrp all I'm seeing is a twrp folder. What gives?

I've tried several things with ADB sideloading and/or pushing, and while the push is successful, the files never present themselves device-side. Is there anyway to restore the phone to a point where it has a functioning data card and isn't just a glorified flash drive with call capabilities?

P.S. I'm obviously rooted, and unlocked, but this time I messed it up. The dangers of hacking right? Seriously, I could use some help.

Global Posts
    17,563 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: I deleted my mass storage. Can I get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by stevemasta34 View Post
    I'm not saying I deleted particular files, but the 9.92GB that are usable with the phone is not accessible FROM THE PHONE. In my recovery (TWRP v2.05) it shows internal storage as having 0 MB available. I'm talking the normal stuff like .clipboard, downloads, DCIM, etc. I've browsed dozens of forums (xda, htcevoroot, acforums) and they either point me to ADB sideload operations or tell me how to mount the internal mass storage. It is no longer there.

The kicker is that when I plug the phone to my PC, and mount via TWRP, it shows up! I can see the zip files for the next flash I was going to attempt (cm10.1.3 RC), but when i look through twrp all I'm seeing is a twrp folder. What gives?

I've tried several things with ADB sideloading and/or pushing, and while the push is successful, the files never present themselves device-side. Is there anyway to restore the phone to a point where it has a functioning data card and isn't just a glorified flash drive with call capabilities?

P.S. I'm obviously rooted, and unlocked, but this time I messed it up. The dangers of hacking right? Seriously, I could use some help.
    I am unfamiliar with HTC devices, but any way you could re flash a stock ROM and then re root?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Update twrp, fix permissions and clear cache and dalvik

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Can't download the twrp update to the phone...

I'm in the same exact boat as you.. I'm trying to use a OTG cable with a hard drive currently. Still can't install anything due to 0mb internal storage.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemasta34 View Post
    Can't download the twrp update to the phone...
    Reboot to bootloader then fastboot... Download twrp(insertversionhere). img and do:

Fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img

Hit enter...

Then after it flashes: Fastboot reboot bootloader

Then get in the recovery.... Good luck!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That fixes the twrp issue, but I still don't have any internal storage: "Internal Storage: 0MB" banner at the top of twrp when I hit "Install"

Its seems like twrp is not set to correctly ready from the appropriate partition. Honestly, download and flash CWM using the fastboot instructions above (but use the appropriate filename for cwm) . Although im a twrp supporter myself, ive found the latest versions to be very buggy. Make sure you download the correct version that is made for your phone type (this goes for twrp and cwm or any other recovery you ever flash fyi).

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4