Are you going to take advantage of Sprint's 'One Up' program?

petrosil

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Just read about the One Up program, sounds like it may be a good way to get a new phone. Don't know if HTC is going to upgrade my LTE or not and honestly, I've never been entirely thrilled with it either. I'm not sure how good a deal this new plan is-like how much more will it cost me than my current plan does. Could it possibly be cheaper? I'm definitely going to check it out but I'm wondering if anyone else has made up their minds about this. Anyone?

Read about the program here: Sprint introduces 'One Up' annual upgrade program | Android Central

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Going to try for the Note 3, got to play with a Note 2 and loved EVERYTHING about it. HTC not updating the LTE was the final straw.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The program is kinda complex. Not sure what I am going to do at this point. Love the Evo LTE and there is nothing I would swap it for right now, anyway.

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone sure about how this will work for a 2 line plan, we have the everything data plan, if anyone has a link that I can read about that, it would be appreciated

Posted via Android Central App

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to once the Nexus 5 is announced, but I'm not sure how this is going to work.

It says you have to be qualified for an upgrade, and while I got my EVO LTE around August 2012 when it launched, for some reason I'm not eligible for an upgrade until Feb. 2014?!

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to once the Nexus 5 is announced, but I'm not sure how this is going to work.

It says you have to be qualified for an upgrade, and while I got my EVO LTE around August 2012 when it launched, for some reason I'm not eligible for an upgrade until Feb. 2014?!

Yea because you made a 2 year contract

Sent from my Nexus 4

anon(22347)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I looked into this but, if I'm understanding it right, you have to be on the new Unlimited plan to take advantage of this. Unfortunately, according to the sprint rep I talked to, they'll apply my corporate discount differently on the new plan, so it would end up costing me more for the same service, even after the $15/month savings.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I looked into this but, if I'm understanding it right, you have to be on the new Unlimited plan to take advantage of this. Unfortunately, according to the sprint rep I talked to, they'll apply my corporate discount differently on the new plan, so it would end up costing me more for the same service, even after the $15/month savings.

In what way would it be different? Sprint will apply corporate discounts to the base plan only- won't apply to the $10 "advanced phone crap" or insurance, or taxes, or other fees. Just the base plan amount. I don't think that has changed in many years.

anon(22347)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
That's what I thought too, and it's possible that the Sprint rep I talked to didn't know what they were talking about, but I was told that the corporate discount would apply to the data charge ($60 for 2 lines with unlimited data) as opposed to the base charge... didn't make much sense to me that they would do it that way, but I was in the store for other reasons and wasn't looking to switch right now, so I didn't pursue it further...

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That's what I thought too, and it's possible that the Sprint rep I talked to didn't know what they were talking about, but I was told that the corporate discount would apply to the data charge ($60 for 2 lines with unlimited data) as opposed to the base charge... didn't make much sense to me that they would do it that way, but I was in the store for other reasons and wasn't looking to switch right now, so I didn't pursue it further...

I would call because that just doesn't sound right

I can tell you this- Sprint mucking with my discount would be the last straw for me.... I would probably leave them after 14 years over it.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm going in next Friday for the Note 3.

You don't have to switch to the Unlimited Everything, you just have to choose between one of the new plans.

You only have to be halfway through your contact, mine started in August 2012, I confirmed this via chat.

No up front money, $36 activation fee added to next bill.

The line that you upgrade will get a $15 discount for the entire 2 year contract. The payment for the Note 3 will be $29/month.

You can upgrade again in one year's time.

I confirmed this twice with the chat rep.

Must be done in a corporate store in person. Not available online at this time.

Hope this helps.

Sent via Note II

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I would call because that just doesn't sound right

I can tell you this- Sprint mucking with my discount would be the last straw for me.... I would probably leave them after 14 years over it.

Yes, the corporate discount is applied differently on the new plans and not to the consumers benefit.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the corporate discount is applied differently on the new plans and not to the consumers benefit.

Looks like I will be yet another person seriously looking at T-Mobile in 6 months or so.

* 3G goes to crap. Deal with it for YEARS.
* WiMax never comes here as promised
* Start printing bills on 4 times as much paper as needed, and filled with nonsense
* Add a "smartphone charge"
* Drop the Gold (and SIlver) plan for long term customers
* LTE finally arrives but coverage is still barely there even many months later
* Repeating text messages driving me crazy for over a year that they can't fix
* Start sending bills in these damn reusable envelope things that are beyond annoying
* Have only two or three "real" service centers for a million people area and never open any additional
* And now they water down the corporate discount even more

Color me unimpressed.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I will be yet another person seriously looking at T-Mobile in 6 months or so.

* 3G goes to crap. Deal with it for YEARS.
* WiMax never comes here as promised
* Start printing bills on 4 times as much paper as needed, and filled with nonsense
* Add a "smartphone charge"
* Drop the Gold (and SIlver) plan for long term customers
* LTE finally arrives but coverage is still barely there even many months later
* Repeating text messages driving me crazy for over a year that they can't fix
* Start sending bills in these damn reusable envelope things that are beyond annoying
* Have only two or three "real" service centers for a million people area and never open any additional
* And now they water down the corporate discount even more

Color me unimpressed.

You can always get an ebill. One problem solved. :p

Sent via Note II

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

U don't have to be up for an upgrade. You have to be at least 12 months into your contract. If u do that you have to five them your current phone. Of you are yo for an upgrade u can keep your phone

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just don't want to give up my phone since I'm due in February anyway might just wait

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I got mine in May 2012(it was part of the embargoed shipment) and my upgrade isnt till Jan 2014...so thats about right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair