1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ear speaker went out

I repaired a damaged on/off button and now the ear speaker went dead. It appears that the power button flex strip is making contact with the contacts on the speaker. The cover seems to be making contact with the contacts on the main board. Has anyone else had this problem after any fix? Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Ear speaker went out

Welcome to Android Central! Sheesh, it kinda sounds like your phone's coming apart but that's fun times for the do-yourself-tinkerer. The EVO 4G was my first android phone...fond memories.
    Live long and prosper.

Default Re: Ear speaker went out

Yep, mine went out last month. I have had the phone since launch.
    I did some internet searching and found that it has been a little if a problem for this phone (4g LTE). I seen videos on the repair but I did not feel confident enough so took to Sprint. They put in a new one but it still didn't work. Also found that the ear phone jack was bad. It was a internal problem with both issues. I had to get a replacement (refurbished one) which I did not like, but so far everything works. I am waiting on the Note 3 now. I have had HTC since OG EVO which has not been bad phones but looking for that bigger screen. Good luck with yours my EVO friend.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app