Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 2 Post By Greg Wilkins
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't uninstall chrome

Chrome will not let me uninstall it, can uninstall the update but but not the app itself. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Can't uninstall chrome

If Chrome came preinstalled with your phone, then it cannot be completely removed unless you root the phone. If you're not going to use it at all, you can disable it by going to System Settings/Apps/All, selecting Chrome, and tapping Disable. This will prevent it from opening and taking up any System RAM. I've actually found that disabling Chrome speeds the system up a bit on my Asus TF300.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply..It's just strange, I've had my Evolte for over a year now and I always use Chrome Beta. Sure I would have noticed 2 chrome browser in my app drawer. O well I'll take your advice and disable it!

It's possible that your phone started off without Chrome, and then it was added as a system app when the OS got updated. This is what happened to my Razr Maxx--only stock Browser with Gingerbread and ICS, but then Chrome added as a sysytem app with Jellybean.
    reg0303 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by reg0303 View Post
    Thanks for the reply..It's just strange, I've had my Evolte for over a year now and I always use Chrome Beta. Sure I would have noticed 2 chrome browser in my app drawer. O well I'll take your advice and disable it!

The update that came this morning puts chrome on your phone! I know, it's crazy, I wondered WTF as well! Thanks HTC

B. Diddy and reg0303 like this.

Yeah I noticed it was added too with the last firmware update. They also added Play Games as well.

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by elshagon View Post
    Yeah I noticed it was added too with the last firmware update. They also added Play Games as well.
    And I quickly disabled
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Not only adds it, but repeatedly associates it with opening URL's. I changed the app association back to Dolphin Browser 3 times and after rebooting the phone it kept defaulting back to Chrome. Finally remembered to disable it.