I see the S III is getting 4.3

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Actually it was tweeted from the head of HTC himself I believe just a few weeks ago it's in these forums somewhere just look before you post kind of like think before you speak... So why would he tweet that, put it out there for the world to see and then not do it that would be grounds for a class action lawsuit am i right or am I right??.....

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Actually it was tweeted from the head of HTC himself I believe just a few weeks ago it's in these forums somewhere just look before you post kind of like think before you speak..

I am quite aware of the tweet. You can see it posted here weeks ago, which is when I read it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...te-coming-htc-evo-4g-lte-121.html#post3115244

1) He is not the head of HTC, Jason Mackenzie is the head of HTC *America* and HTC is a global company and based in Taiwan
2) A tweet is not an "official" notification of corporate policy (although times, they are a-changing...)
3) I never said it wouldn't happen or that nothing has been heard about it, only that it is not "official" (although his tweet is pretty close).

So perhaps YOU should consider before you post bashing someone. The tweet It is very good news and makes it extremely likely that it will happen. But things can and do change. And Sprint could nix it (not sure why they would do such a thing, though). To me, "official" would be something posted on their web site or said in a press release (of course, even then it could change), especially if it were from Sprint, the gatekeeper.

So why would he tweet that, put it out there for the world to see and then not do it that would be grounds for a class action lawsuit am i right or am I right??.....

I am not sure that would be a basis for legal action. It would certainly cause a lot of negative press and bad will, however.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This was not a bash at anyone so plz don't take the wrong way and yea it's a global company and the head of HTC America tweeted that yes? Imo that's close enough I was just meaning that like you said times are changing and a tweet is pretty darn official now days I don't even have this phone my fiance does but just saying I'd take that tweet as a good sign that it will come sooner or later but it wasn't a bash at any one person more like a collective really negativity is no good be positive and patient

Last edited:

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually it was tweeted from the head of HTC himself I believe just a few weeks ago it's in these forums somewhere just look before you post kind of like think before you speak... So why would he tweet that, put it out there for the world to see and then not do it that would be grounds for a class action lawsuit am i right or am I right??.....

IMHO, telling a person adult enough to post on a forum to "kind of think before you speak" and several lol's in a 'kind of' apology wouldn't make it feel any better. However, Slinkies, it's good to know that you have time to read all the posts before you make one of your own :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not to make anymore of this but there is no need to tell anyone to " search " or any other negative comments.

It's common for things too come off the wrong way when trying to put your thoughts into words on a screen. Best to just let it go or report any posts in question instead of taking public action/comment.

I hope just like everyone else the S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE and many others will complete their life cycle on 4.3. It's a good spot to be and will give much longer life to those devices receiving it.

Good luck :)

Paul
Forums Moderator.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If memory serves, didn't we get the jelly bean update in early - mid December?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
HTC is quickly running out of time "before the end of the year"...

If your so worried about it why don't you just root and ROM the thing instead of complaining about it then you'll never have to wait for updates again if you did so you'd already have a 4.4 kit kat ROM on your phone and be happy with that custom ROMs are smoother and overall better than stock so I see no reason why not to do so... Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress