Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Default I see the S III is getting 4.3

And HTC is busy not answering if we will get 4.3
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    17,333 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: I see the S III is getting 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper63 View Post
    If it is any consolation, the US S3s will probably not get it for at least another month.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

Huh? They already said we are.
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.05.20.0227_2 | PRI: 1.28_003 | PRL: 51098 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.4b

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
    slinkies likes this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
    Huh? They already said we are.
    Nothing official
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    Zookeeper63 likes this.

Actually it was tweeted from the head of HTC himself I believe just a few weeks ago it's in these forums somewhere just look before you post kind of like think before you speak... So why would he tweet that, put it out there for the world to see and then not do it that would be grounds for a class action lawsuit am i right or am I right??.....

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

rumor mill says EVO LTE will get it by the end of the year.
    Thanked by:
    slinkies likes this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    Actually it was tweeted from the head of HTC himself I believe just a few weeks ago it's in these forums somewhere just look before you post kind of like think before you speak..
    I am quite aware of the tweet. You can see it posted here weeks ago, which is when I read it: Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

1) He is not the head of HTC, Jason Mackenzie is the head of HTC *America* and HTC is a global company and based in Taiwan
    2) A tweet is not an "official" notification of corporate policy (although times, they are a-changing...)
    3) I never said it wouldn't happen or that nothing has been heard about it, only that it is not "official" (although his tweet is pretty close).

So perhaps YOU should consider before you post bashing someone. The tweet It is very good news and makes it extremely likely that it will happen. But things can and do change. And Sprint could nix it (not sure why they would do such a thing, though). To me, "official" would be something posted on their web site or said in a press release (of course, even then it could change), especially if it were from Sprint, the gatekeeper.

So why would he tweet that, put it out there for the world to see and then not do it that would be grounds for a class action lawsuit am i right or am I right??.....
    I am not sure that would be a basis for legal action. It would certainly cause a lot of negative press and bad will, however.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    Mikey47 and Zookeeper63 like this.

This was not a bash at anyone so plz don't take the wrong way and yea it's a global company and the head of HTC America tweeted that yes? Imo that's close enough I was just meaning that like you said times are changing and a tweet is pretty darn official now days I don't even have this phone my fiance does but just saying I'd take that tweet as a good sign that it will come sooner or later but it wasn't a bash at any one person more like a collective really negativity is no good be positive and patient

Last edited by slinkies; 10-28-2013 at 10:08 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Tweets...schmeets I'll believe we're getting it when I'm hitting YES to the OTA.
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Actually it was tweeted from the head of HTC himself I believe just a few weeks ago it's in these forums somewhere just look before you post kind of like think before you speak... So why would he tweet that, put it out there for the world to see and then not do it that would be grounds for a class action lawsuit am i right or am I right??.....

IMHO, telling a person adult enough to post on a forum to "kind of think before you speak" and several lol's in a 'kind of' apology wouldn't make it feel any better. However, Slinkies, it's good to know that you have time to read all the posts before you make one of your own :-)

Not to make anymore of this but there is no need to tell anyone to " search " or any other negative comments.

It's common for things too come off the wrong way when trying to put your thoughts into words on a screen. Best to just let it go or report any posts in question instead of taking public action/comment.

I hope just like everyone else the S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE and many others will complete their life cycle on 4.3. It's a good spot to be and will give much longer life to those devices receiving it.

Good luck

Paul
    Forums Moderator.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
    kronosqq likes this.

Found this today, just another report nothing official......still having hope!

Android 4.3 Update Coming Soon to HTC EVO 4G LTE – Report

Android 4.4 article as well.

Android 4.4 KitKat Update on HTC One, Galaxy S4, Note 3, LG G2, Moto X, Xperia Z Info
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

So the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 gets 4.3 TODAY! Way to go HTC!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

HTC is quickly running out of time "before the end of the year"...

If memory serves, didn't we get the jelly bean update in early - mid December?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Calendar year or fiscal year?

If your so worried about it why don't you just root and ROM the thing instead of complaining about it then you'll never have to wait for updates again if you did so you'd already have a 4.4 kit kat ROM on your phone and be happy with that custom ROMs are smoother and overall better than stock so I see no reason why not to do so... Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    If memory serves, didn't we get the jelly bean update in early - mid December?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Dec 12 ish

Posted via Android Central App

Just saw this link come to my Google Now,

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11...delayed-seems/

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Zagotti View Post
    Just saw this link come to my Google Now,

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11...delayed-seems/

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app
    Nice find

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

If your so worried about it why don't you just root and ROM the thing instead of complaining about it then you'll never have to wait for updates again if you did so you'd already have a 4.4 kit kat ROM on your phone and be happy with that custom ROMs are smoother and overall better than stock so I see no reason why not to do so... Just my 2 cents.

I don't want to root, this phone should be supported better by HTC.

Right but rooting does so much for every phone out there there's no reason not to unless your worried about voiding your warranty besides custom ROMs are always so much smoother than stock and less bloated I'm sure there plenty of 4.3 and sense 5 ROMs out there that are wayyy better than stock HTC just saying I realized my phone was a beast but was stuck with 4.1.2 so I unlocked rooted and rommed and am now running aosp kit kat and loving every minute of it!

See

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I see the S III is getting 4.3-1385946146762.jpg  

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

See

How's that screenshot relevant to this device?

This screenshot is much more relevant:

Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.05.20.0227_2 | PRI: 1.28_003 | PRL: 51098 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.4b

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0

Its not lol I was talking about already having KitKat on mine and that there's already KitKat ROMs for this device(evo LTE).

Last edited by slinkies; 12-01-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast