Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MMS default picture viewer

Recently When I Open A Picture That I Received Via MMS I GeT A Media Not Found Message. I Can Only Expand It If I Download. I Think My Default Viewer Got Changed To Google Pictures And I Can't Figure Out How To Reset It. Help!

Default Re: MMS default picture viewer

Quote Originally Posted by Cayla Olson View Post
    Recently When I Open A Picture That I Received Via MMS I GeT A Media Not Found Message. I Can Only Expand It If I Download. I Think My Default Viewer Got Changed To Google Pictures And I Can't Figure Out How To Reset It. Help!
    Settings > Apps > All ... each app has a button 'Clear defaults' for resetting any default actions.

... but maybe you'd use the free app 'SaveMMS' as work-around
    Thanked by 2:

Hi Cayla. I just had this happen to me today. Go to *Settings, *Apps, *Google+, scroll down and hit *Clear Defaults. It will probably flash a message saying , "no defaults to clear" or something but ignore that. Go back to a text and click on a picture u received. Two options will probably pop up, the top one being Picture Viewer (don't remember exactly) or Media. Do NOT hit media as this is what we did to start having this problem. Click on the top one, Picture Viewer or whatever it is, and to avoid this from happening again, click on "Always" on the bottom prior to making your selection. Hope this helps!!!
    Last edited by ASwan22; 11-07-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
    Thanked by 2:

Thank Thanks Thank .. I"ve been worried sick trying to figure this out.. could not open anything unless I downloaded it. was getting old... fixed it in a few seconds. you are my hero

Is there a way to not have it ask you which option you want to open a picture with? Every time I set this, it seems to only apply to that ONE picture only. So annoying! I wish I could either stop it from asking or remove Google pictures as an option as, since it is the only other one, I suppose that would fix it as well!

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Thank you!! I have been trying to figure this out for days! Such an easy fix!

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! I had no idea how to fix this, have been trying for days, and you fixed it in seconds! HTC help site was useless!

Thanks SO much!! I accidentally made the default Google Photos. I didn't care at first, because it backs up my pics for me. But there's an extra step to delete pics (I know: first world problems ). But the most frustrating thing is that the pics automatically dim when viewing. This has been bugging me for weeks!! Again, thanks for the easy fix!!

Thanks, been trying to figure out why? I knew what I did but could not figure out how to correct it. YOU made it very simple, thank you!

Thank you so very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by ASwan22 View Post
    Hi Cayla. I just had this happen to me today. Go to *Settings, *Apps, *Google+, scroll down and hit *Clear Defaults. It will probably flash a message saying , "no defaults to clear" or something but ignore that. Go back to a text and click on a picture u received. Two options will probably pop up, the top one being Picture Viewer (don't remember exactly) or Media. Do NOT hit media as this is what we did to start having this problem. Click on the top one, Picture Viewer or whatever it is, and to avoid this from happening again, click on "Always" on the bottom prior to making your selection. Hope this helps!!!

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

My wife and I have identical HTC One's and she just informed me of this problem. Rather than bang my head against the wall, I searched here. Turns out, I had disabled Google+ on my phone, but not hers. Thanks for the right answer! Problem solved.
    tim

Thanks, first android and this had me tripping out. First pic text and it dims. Thought it may be an M8 issue, but glad its fixed now

Thank you...would have never figured it out!!

Thanks so much, ASwan22! You just solved what was an annoying problem. Cheers!