Voicemail notifications not showing

mawilson82

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I was going to remove updates and clear data but haven't just yet.

Last edited:

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was experiencing the same issue. I went to my voicemail app and discovered that there was an update that needed to be done. Once I did that, the notifications started showing up again. Maybe that's the case for you guys as well?

marksr

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I assume you've been getting annoying 9016 etc android sprint voicemail messages when you get voicemail but no regular visual voicemail messages or notifications?
Disable hangouts as your SMS app.my guess is that voicemail app gets info by sms, but hangouts been grabbing it first, or disabled it.
I unchecked use Hangouts for sms (hangouts menu-settings-sms) , rebooted just for fun , and now getting normal voicemail and notifications.

Mark

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been having this problem too. Sprint told me one time to reset via the ##72786# (Menu and then Reset) and that worked. This most recent time I updated my profile and that fixed it. Not sure what the root cause is.

aowald

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I hate to resurrect an old thread, but this is an issue I've still been having with my EVO. I've had SMS turned off in Hangouts, yet I still continue to miss getting notifications. The voicemail app never registers any voicemail messages locally on the phone and when I call the real voice mail system by dialing 1 on my phone, there are messages there.

I'm post the 4.13.651.4 RUU. Anyone also having this issue? I'm also wondering if there's a better app that I can use in place of this in case an alternate solution exists. I have some ideas on determining the cause for this issue; I'd just need some people that are both affected by this and others who aren't.

daveziffer

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Here's my solution, but it will only work if you have my circumstance. My AT&T "Go" phone comes with an AT&T app called "Visual Voicemail". A few weeks ago I tried to set up this app, but the setup failed because I'm not a direct AT&T subscriber (see below). So I abandoned the setup. What I didn't realize was that my partial setup had suppressed my normal voicemail notifications. In order to undo this problem, I went to Settings -> General -> Apps -> Visual Voicemail. From there I did "Force Stop" and also "Disable" (two separate buttons). After disabling this app, my voice mail notifications returned.

FYI: I have an Android Marshmallow AT&T "Go Phone" (LG Phoenix 2). Even though it's an AT&T phone, I am on Consumer Cellular, which uses the AT&T network, but does not support all the AT&T apps. This failure here is part of what I dreaded when switching from a flip phone to a smart phone: too much complexity. You can do the most innocent thing and have no idea what the implications are for anything and everything else on your phone. Once you've done it, there are no clues and you can spend hours figuring it out.

Cjs1111cjs

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi..have been having this problem to, but after a little searching fixed it. Go in to settings, apps, voice mail, notifications. It probably says "blocked". Slide to green to unblock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith