Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any HTC defectors out there?

Those of us who picked up this phone on release day (or shortly thereafter) are in line for upgrades on January 1st. I assume staying with HTC would mean going with a ONE. Just wondering what people who are thinking of leaving HTC are doing and why?

Me? Thanks for asking! I think I've decided to go with the LG G2. I've been with HTC for a while and feel the need to try something other than Sense. Lots of other great phones out there but for some reason I feel the G2 calling to me.

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Default Re: Any HTC defectors out there?

Upgrade is in March and the Note 3 is looking better and better every day. HTC can go become the next Blackberry...
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I myself plan on sticking it out ,every phone out there has its share of issues , I feel htc is going to bring something out to kill everyone in the game. The One is cool but not enough to have me give up my evo Lte , I plan on getting my wife the moto X ,cause Samsung sucks and if you do your homework on the Lg you will see that's gonna suck too

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

My wife and both kids have the HTC One. It is fantastic. I have been a two phone person for years, since at work we have had to have Blackberries. But as of last July, no more new Blackberries at work. So next week I am getting an iPhone 5S on Verizon for work and am keeping the EVOLTE for now, even though my upgrade date is in January. If the iPhone is nice, I may even give up my Sprint EVOLTE. I will have to see what becomes available in the spring. Some of my upgrade plans depend on what 4.3 and sense 5 do for the internal memory. It is currently problematic to update a number of apps without first uninstalling them and then reinstalling.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by daamu View Post
    if you do your homework on the Lg you will see that's gonna suck too
    Well, maybe you could help me with my homework... Almost everything I've seen points to LG growing by leaps and bounds. Lots of love for the G2 and N5.
    Thanked by:
    Zookeeper63 and slinkies like this.

Could not deal with sprint anymore and jumped ship, swimming to Verizon. Got the SGS4 and the LG G2. Both beyond excellent. Having only had HTC in the past, wanted something different.

Sent from my SGS4 using Tapatalk

I think I'm going with the nexus 5 I'm sooooo sick of wanting for HTC to update. I really like HTC build quality but I think that it's time to move on. I'm running cm 10.2 and its really made me enjoy as close to vanilla Android as I can get on the evo LtE and come June I'll officially be off contract.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ncfanboy; 11-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

I'm done with HTC and sense. I'm tired of sense breaking stuff in android and HTC calling it a "feature" or saying "that's how its supposed to work".

Last edited by flyer8493; 11-07-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Nexus 5 would be sweet but let's be honest almost everyone that owns a nexus device that I know or heard of anyways roots and ROMS it on day one at least the people I know that have them myself included because while vanilla android is nice the customization is still limited stock and a custom ROM is always very appealing...

Sent from the beast that is the OG on 4.3.1 clocked at 1.89ghz on the best kernel ever written!

I bought the pre-release and my update is/was Jan 1. I called Sprint and they bumped my update to Dec 18th so I could get a new phone for Christmas. I'm definitely getting the Nexus 5. I have had two Nexus tablets and after experiencing native Android and OS updates as soon as Google releases them, I'll never have anything else.

I'm also staying with Sprint as I'm in the Atlanta area and now get fast LTE everywhere I go.

Nexus 7 (2013)
    TonyLibations likes this.

Going Moto X. Have no desire to ever have an HTC phone again. The 3D wasn't too bad but the LTE got ruined by HTC. The one has stupid buttons and is huge. Nothing they make interests me anymore.

But hold up, they bumped your upgrade?? Details please!

You guys obviously Stuck with HTC on their not so great phones, it would be a shame to miss the greatest android smartphone ever made from HTC. The one is amazing and 8 months in still the best phone you can buy, and HTC seems to be getting their act together customer service wise and delivering fast updates and communication

Sent from my HTC One
    balansboy and ffejjj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post
    You guys obviously Stuck with HTC on their not so great phones, it would be a shame to miss the greatest android smartphone ever made from HTC. The one is amazing and 8 months in still the best phone you can buy, and HTC seems to be getting their act together customer service wise and delivering fast updates and communication

Sent from my HTC One
    I agree with you. HTC has had its bumps in the road for sure but the One has been fantastic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    I bought the pre-release and my update is/was Jan 1. I called Sprint and they bumped my update to Dec 18th so I could get a new phone for Christmas.
    ...and you Sr. inspired me. After seeing your post i called Sprint as well. I bought my evo 4g lte in May so my upgrade is also Jan. Asked for a few week's to buy a phone for a Christmas present and they said no problem. Funny thing is i'm not sure if i want another phone yet. I own the One so i may just sit on the upgrade. Just like to know i have it
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Saneless View Post
    Going Moto X. Have no desire to ever have an HTC phone again. The 3D wasn't too bad but the LTE got ruined by HTC. The one has stupid buttons and is huge. Nothing they make interests me anymore.
    It was months before HTC fixed multitasking on the 4G LTE. I don't care what HTC does, I'll never buy anything they make ever again. I love my Nexus 7 so I decided to go with the Nexus 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saneless View Post
    But hold up, they bumped your upgrade?? Details please!
    My upgrade date checked at my local Sprint store was January 1st. My store said that they could not change the date but on-line sales could. I then called Sprint on-line sales and told them I wanted a new phone for Christmas. They said they could make that possible by moving my upgrade date to December 18th. Today I rechecked my upgrade date and it is indeed now December 18th.

Nexus 7 (2013)
    Thanked by:

Nexus 7 (2013)

Awesome.. I'll have to call and give that a try.

When I got the 3D I said "I'll probably only stick to Nexus phones" but they didn't have anything good so I went with the LTE, figured it should be good. That phone made me say I'd never buy anything but a nexus ever again.

Unfortunately they're just too big now, but the Moto X is damn close to stock, so it's ok. The Nexus 7 was the only way I'd ever get a tablet, and it's worked out great.
    Nexus Ninja

ROM
    Stock

I've already jumped ship. The top of the digitizer on my 4GLTE was going bad. Sprint wanted $100 to replace it under an insurance claim. I checked with HTC because it was just under a year old and they told me I would be without it for 6 - 7 weeks while they checked the phone out to see if it was a manufacturer's defect or not. I was waiting on the LG G2, but the EVO died before it came out so I had to jump on the S3 and burn my upgrade credit when Radio Shack had them for $45. I'm happy with the S3, but will be looking for a G2 sometime next year.
    Palm Treo 700w ~> Palm Treo 700wx ~> Blackberry Storm 9530 ~> Motorola Droid X ~> Samsung Galaxy Nexus ~> HTC Evo 4G LTE ~> Samsung Galaxy S3

A good rule of thumb, unfortunately, for any android owner is to keep your last phone. let's see, take the $15 that Sprint will give you for the trade in, or have a viable backup.

My upgrade is coming up in Feb. Wonder if they'd bump mine to Dec 18? Anyways my evo LTE has been a great phone with very little to complain about however I'm thinking possibly the nexus 5 for my upgrade. I love the aesthetics of the HTC phones build quality wise and the boom sound really intrigues me but I really hate waiting for os updates. The aesthetics don't usually affect me anyways because I throw an otterbox on it from day one. Eh but when it comes down to it I may just go with the one lol.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by cuffs50; 11-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.

If you make the mistake of going with HTC again you might as well wait for the next one in a few months

So much HTC hate in a forum about HTC phones :-( I plan to go with the One Max unless there is a new EVO phone out and hopefully by then Sprint's Spark network will be live where I live!

I think most of them haven't used an HTC one because if they did they wouldn't be blind stating "My thunderbolt sucks I'm never using HTC again"

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

I stayed with HTC. I had a pretty bad motorcycle accident a couple months back. I was on a solo ride halfway across country. My EVO took a beating (back came off, cracked and dented) but it still took a charge and I could use it. I would have been lost if I had been stuck in that hospital with no working phone. I am greatful for the great build on HTC Phones. Living in Dallas, I have great reception and 4G service, so it was a no brainer for me. I went with the HTC One as a replacement. I love the phone. No issues at all and the speakers are amazing for a phone. And HTC has already said we will be getting KitKatt by end of January. Very pleased with my descision to stay with HTC.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Already did. Went to Sprint and changed plan to the unlimited my way with yearly updates. The update I got? A Galaxy Note 3. Honestly doesn't feel that much bigger a week in than the Evo LTE did, but it's ridiculously faster.

I'm considering between the Nexus 5, LG G2 and Moto X.

Nexus 5 and G2 for stock android and a better camera respectively and the Moto X because of better battery life.

HTC does make some solidly build hardware and Sense is the most polished Android UI IMO, but it's just so hooked into the OS that it breaks stuff and HTC is terrible when it comes to updates. Sense 5 should been on the damn phone back in March at the very latest.

There is no excuse for them dragging there feet on it. If they where going to be so lazy about releasing it they should have left the bootload alone, so users had an easier way to root and Rom the thing.

They just pissed off a bunch of users and are going to loss a lot of people over it.

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast