Getting another replacement EVO 4G LTE

mateo2012

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 4th replacement. I'd like to take this phone, run it over with a large truck, take it to the shooting range and use it for target practice with my Desert Eagle, flush it down the toilet of a Taco Bell, put it in the microwave on high for 2hours, and then email the remains to HTC headquarters.

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Lucky you. Sprint gave me 3 replacements in one day. I'm with Mateo on this one. Can't wait to get rid of mine and I probably will not buy another HTC phone again after this.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Lucky you. Sprint gave me 3 replacements in one day. I'm with Mateo on this one. Can't wait to get rid of mine and I probably will not buy another HTC phone again after this.

My evo was nice but the HTC One I have has major issues

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
The thing about having issues like that is that you're waaaaaay in the minority. It sucks that it happens, but the fact is it's not the manufacturer that's to blame on that, it's just bad luck. People experience stuff like that with products from EVERY manufacturer.
If you look at that and say that means the manufacturer sucks then you're just wrong. I wish you luck with whatever phone you get next but please just remember that a few lemons does not equal a problem on HTC's end.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
The thing about having issues like that is that you're waaaaaay in the minority. It sucks that it happens, but the fact is it's not the manufacturer that's to blame on that, it's just bad luck. People experience stuff like that with products from EVERY manufacturer.
If you look at that and say that means the manufacturer sucks then you're just wrong. I wish you luck with whatever phone you get next but please just remember that a few lemons does not equal a problem on HTC's end.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

I understand what you are saying. But I have had 4 bad phones. And 3 of them were given to me at the sprint store on the same day and the manager at the store echoed the same words as you. That's just bad luck. Honestly I bought the E4GLTE because of the original EVO. That phone was flat out solid in every way. That's the phone that pulled me away from the iphone. And then I bought this abomination...

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
But I have had 4 bad phones. And 3 of them were given to me at the sprint store on the same day

Probably a bad batch from the manufacture. I remember having that same issue with a moto qc I used to have, and when I finally got one that worked, I liked it.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
They never said they were refurbs.

I know mine wasn't because I kept having to call almost ever two days after I got my new phone in first time. Plus there's ways you can tell if they are refurb or not.

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Sprint gives refurbs when giving replacements at the corporate stores and you can tell from the sticker that is placed behind the cover. Or you can dial ##786#.

thsixscrews

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Really like mine, got it used. She only used it for about 4 months and is in mint condition. And only paid $60 for it. If something happens to this one, I will definitely get another one!
So, guess what I am saying is, you can get a good used one worth the money if your warranty is out.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Really like mine, got it used. She only used it for about 4 months and is in mint condition. And only paid $60 for it. If something happens to this one, I will definitely get another one!
So, guess what I am saying is, you can get a good used one worth the money if your warranty is out.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

If I lost or broke my phone, I probably wouldn't buy a used one for $60. But that's just me.

Posted via Android Central App

Dale Williams

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my 4th replacement. I'd like to take this phone, run it over with a large truck, take it to the shooting range and use it for target practice with my Desert Eagle, flush it down the toilet of a Taco Bell, put it in the microwave on high for 2hours, and then email the remains to HTC headquarters.

I'm with you on this. My first was June '12 E4G, touchscreen went bad in June '13, replaced w E4glte, touchscreen went bad in November '13, replaced w/ another E4glte, touchscreen went bad in June '14. No way I was getting a 4th HTC. Build quality sucks. I just got the S5. Don't tell me it's just bad luck...not with 3 bad phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084