Newest AirDroid has wifi teathering that seems to work with EVOLTE
Latest AirDroid from Play store (ver 126.96.36.199) from Jan 9 seems to work on my EVOLTE. I only have 3G on Sprint at home, so it's pretty slow, but someone with 4G should try it and report back to the forum. Nice to have option for wifi tethering. Seems to work with my iPad and my Lenovo laptop. You have to go into Sprint hotspot and set the password and make sure it is the same as the one in AirDroid (you can choose any password so long as it is at least 8 characters.)
- 01-15-2014, 05:49 PM #2
Re: Newest AirDroid has wifi teathering that seems to work with EVOLTE
Doesn't work for me. I can connect with my N10 tablet, and get an IP address and a solid signal but nothing ever loads on my connected device. It shows a notification in the tray on the EVO LTE that I am a connected user and that it is on and ready. I did go into AirDroid and set the WPA2 password to 123456789 and did the same on the Sprint Hotspot settings. Tried it twice.... nada.
Are you sure you are not a rooted EVO or something? Or have a Sprint Hotspot service activated? Or perhaps the loophole has already been closed?
I would also be very concerned- looks to me like AirDroid is just acting as a front-end to Sprint's Evo Hotspot app, not a replacement or work around for it. Even if it worked, if it is somehow still using components of Sprint's Hotspot, Sprint might know this.
- 01-16-2014, 06:06 PM #3
- 01-21-2014, 10:32 AM #5
- 01-21-2014, 06:22 PM #6
- By damoi020 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 40Last Post: 10-12-2014, 05:12 PM
- By email@example.com in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 6Last Post: 06-02-2014, 09:18 PM
- By agnoslibertine in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 9Last Post: 01-25-2014, 07:48 PM
- By SkiSmuggs in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2014, 07:31 AM
- By mrsbehr in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 01-15-2014, 09:54 PM