Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jwbekens
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Default Newest AirDroid has wifi teathering that seems to work with EVOLTE

Latest AirDroid from Play store (ver 2.0.7.2) from Jan 9 seems to work on my EVOLTE. I only have 3G on Sprint at home, so it's pretty slow, but someone with 4G should try it and report back to the forum. Nice to have option for wifi tethering. Seems to work with my iPad and my Lenovo laptop. You have to go into Sprint hotspot and set the password and make sure it is the same as the one in AirDroid (you can choose any password so long as it is at least 8 characters.)
    crxssi likes this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,201 Global Posts

Default Re: Newest AirDroid has wifi teathering that seems to work with EVOLTE

Interesting

Doesn't work for me. I can connect with my N10 tablet, and get an IP address and a solid signal but nothing ever loads on my connected device. It shows a notification in the tray on the EVO LTE that I am a connected user and that it is on and ready. I did go into AirDroid and set the WPA2 password to 123456789 and did the same on the Sprint Hotspot settings. Tried it twice.... nada.

Are you sure you are not a rooted EVO or something? Or have a Sprint Hotspot service activated? Or perhaps the loophole has already been closed?

I would also be very concerned- looks to me like AirDroid is just acting as a front-end to Sprint's Evo Hotspot app, not a replacement or work around for it. Even if it worked, if it is somehow still using components of Sprint's Hotspot, Sprint might know this.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    2,201 Global Posts

Really? No other responses??? I thought people would be jumping on this in a heartbeat!
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

You are correct. I am not rooted. On both 3g and 4g LTE there is very little transfer of data (there is some, but it is really slow and pages timeout.) Keep hoping...

It connected, but had little or no data transfer. I'm on 4G so it's not a network problem. I un installed the app.

Global Posts
    2,201 Global Posts

I am fairly sure all they are doing is just calling the Sprint Hotspot app. It is not a tethering program.