Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By jpmciver
  • 1 Post By Cozume
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    HTC Sense

Default what next? time for an upgrade

should I get the*HTC*One Max or wait for the One 2, get the LG G Flex, or the Samsung Note 3 or wait for the 4

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: what next? time for an upgrade

Well there is a question with a lot of possible answers.

Personally I would get the G2 if buying now. If waiting I'd get get the One 2 or the G3. I also wouldn't shy away from Motorola just because of the sale they have a great phone in the X

Flex, Max and Note are just to big for my taste

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

I'm biding my time til upgrade so I can go with the Note 3. The thing is a beast and is heads above everything else.

I won't miss HTC one bit, which is a shame after how much I loved my OG EVO. But HTC is not innovating and the delays with OS updates has made me want to leave for Samsung.
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper63 View Post
    I'm biding my time til upgrade so I can go with the Note 3. The thing is a beast and is heads above everything else.

I won't miss HTC one bit, which is a shame after how much I loved my OG EVO. But HTC is not innovating and the delays with OS updates has made me want to leave for Samsung.
    You do realize Samsung is taking longer to update their OS than HTC, right? The One on Sprint already has 4.4 and there is still no news on when the S4 will get it

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
    ffejjj 
    crxssi and balansboy like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    HTC Sense

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Well there is a question with a lot of possible answers.

Personally I would get the G2 if buying now. If waiting I'd get get the One 2 or the G3. I also wouldn't shy away from Motorola just because of the sale they have a great phone in the X

Flex, Max and Note are just to big for my taste

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    I thought about the htc one 2, but I feel like i got burned with HTC two times and getting a devices that received upgrades. I'm also a little tired of the sense software. Same applies for the one max.

I'd look at the X, but I have Sprint and they don't carry it (Sprint...smh).

At this point, I'm looking for a phablet...I assume I will like the size. I really like the note 3, but I read that the note 4 is around the corner.

Never had a LG, so I'm not sure about the long term software support of the LG devices.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmciver View Post
    I thought about the htc one 2, but I feel like i got burned with HTC two times and getting a devices that received upgrades. I'm also a little tired of the sense software. Same applies for the one max.

I'd look at the X, but I have Sprint and they don't carry it (Sprint...smh).

At this point, I'm looking for a phablet...I assume I will like the size. I really like the note 3, but I read that the note 4 is around the corner.

Never had a LG, so I'm not sure about the long term software support of the LG devices.

As of right now htc is on top of their game as far as updates are concerned. If you rely on OEM's for updates you will eventually get burned. None of them will support a device for two years, it doesn't make financial sense for them. After all, they are there to make money. Once you've bought their phone, they could care less. That being said, go with what you like the best and remember there will always be something better around the corner.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    HTC Sense

I should also say I have heard negative things about the touchwiz ui but read that Samsung is improving the software for the next set of phones

Zookeeper63 likes this.

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    You do realize Samsung is taking longer to update their OS than HTC, right? The One on Sprint already has 4.4 and there is still no news on when the S4 will get it

I do but the 4.4 for the Note 3 is rolling out and the Note 3 is still a better device!
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

I have been waiting, also on sprint, and it seems the galaxy s5 is coming in april/may. Never had a samsung been with htc through all the evo experiences and think it's time to move along. Is LG coming with a new phone too?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    HTC Sense

I have been waiting, also on sprint, and it seems the galaxy s5 is coming in april/may. Never had a samsung been with htc through all the evo experiences and think it's time to move along. Is LG coming with a new phone too?
    LG 's new phones include the LG G Flex (release yesterday) and the LG G3 (maybe in May, LG G3 specs)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    HTC Sense

Quote Originally Posted by JD76ers View Post
    LG 's new phones include the LG G Flex (release yesterday) and the LG G3 (maybe in May, LG G3 specs)
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

I really like the note 3, but I read that the note 4 is around the corner.
    What knucklehead told you that? The GNote3 was just released in September. The GNote4 will be released in September 2014. The Galaxy S5 is about to be released, but not the GNote4.

The GNote3 Lite/Neo may be released soon, but it is a smaller, budget phablet and NOT the GNote4.
    Thanked by:
    Zookeeper63 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

the Samsung Note 3 or wait for the 4
    The GNote3 is a fantastic PHABLET. So if you want a phablet, that is the only device to consider. But it is a huge device so you need to make sure that is what you want.

Again, if you are waiting for the GNote4 to come out, you will be waiting a long time because it won't be out until September of 2014. Samsung is going to release a budget (lower resolution, smaller screen, less RAM, worse camera, etc.) phablet soon, but that is not the GNote4. It is the GNote3 Neo (aka Lite).

I had the Evo LTE for a good while, and went with the Nexus 5. It has a couple quirks, but none of which are dealbreakers in my opinion. The Evo still has the better camera app, but with the Nexus 5 HDR+ turned on, photos are equally as good and sometimes better than my Evo. Other than that, the N5 is a great option if you want to remain off contract, and you can take the phone with you to a number of carriers. Plus you get the vanilla Android experience, which isn't a bad thing.

I made the swap from the EVO LTE to the G2 a few weeks ago. Overall I'm happy with the phone. Battery life is considerably better along with the camera.

My main grip with the G2 though is definitely the UI. We HTC owns who have complained about Sense being too hooked into Android and affecting the performance, or certain bugs, kind of take it for granted just how polished it really is compared to other manufacturers' UIs. There are quite a few things I'm missing from Sense like the contacts widget, FriendStream, the easy of which you can clean up redundant contact links and being able to link them to Facebook.

Personally I would say wait a few months and see what HTC might have up their sleeve for their next phone. I know that if it has a considerably better camera (at least an 8-10 MP UltraPixel camera) and battery than the One, I'm kind of going to be kicking myself.
    Thanked by:
    ffejjj 
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    HTC Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    Personally I would say wait a few months and see what HTC might have up their sleeve for their next phone. I know that if it has a considerably better camera (at least an 8-10 MP UltraPixel camera) and battery than the One, I'm kind of going to be kicking myself.
    That's exactly what I'm doing, switched upgrade dates with my wife (she went from the photon to the g2). My upgrade is may 1 now. That gives me plenty of time (hopefully) to get a good read on the htc m8 (one 2) or the s5.