4.3 RUU download link for the HTC Evo 4G LTE

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
on my laptop, windows 7 on wifi, it says 3 hours remaining to download. guess ill try again later
Thats just a really slow internet connection... it's
a 800 meg download.... and it took about 20 minutes for me and I have 30 meg high speed internet.... Once it's downloaded it should take about 20 minutes to install.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
OK, IT DOWNLOADED LAST NIGHT. when i plug my phone into pc, it said updating drivers,etc. that was all good. but how do i start the install to the phone? just click on the ruu file on the pc? i tried it once, and it acted like it was trying to install to my pc, not the phone. so i got an an error message,and i stopped. i had to go to work. ;)

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, IT DOWNLOADED LAST NIGHT. when i plug my phone into pc, it said updating drivers,etc. that was all good. but how do i start the install to the phone? just click on the ruu file on the pc? i tried it once, and it acted like it was trying to install to my pc, not the phone. so i got an an error message,and i stopped. i had to go to work. ;)
Yes click on the RUU file and answer yes if your PC asks permission to run it. It takes a minutes or two (or 5) to load depending on your machine. Be patient and follow prompts.

r070rHead

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
After tearing my hair out trying to resolve the "USB Device Not Recognized" issue, I found the solution here!

This switches the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller drivers from the Microsoft ones, to the Intel ones... So this should take care of your problems if you've got Windows 8.1, USB 3.0, and an Intel Chipset.

Good luck!

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
More broken updtaes from HTC, what a surprise. I cannot wait till my contract is up. Leaving Sprint and leaving HTC. Cannot wait until I have a Samsung phone on the Verizon network. Think of it ....no more crappy 3G service, just 4G that works EVERYWHERE !!!! I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
if you're expecting a perfect beta copy of software, you're going to have a bad time no matter which phone or company you have.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got message from HTC VP that Sprint told HTC that an OTA fix for data roaming and other issues is not going to happen. Looks like there may be another RUU update shortly.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I can't get it to work at all on my win 7 pc. Frustrated, and I'm throwing on the towel. Screw this phone. I'm done with HTC may 1st anyway...... Done.

Posted via Android Central App

tim10188

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix this error:

error 132 signature error?? This message pops up after it goes through the updating process.

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
i'm with u, i'm going to the note 3. htc is so out dated one min they say update in dec. then mid feb. then you not getting it then if you wanted you gotta do it yourself. i'm thru fooling with them, all i gotta say is bye, bye htc, come may 1st its hello samsung.

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the RUU last night on my Windows 7 machine. Plugged my Evo in to the computer, and let it install default drivers. Then I double-clicked the RUU installer and followed the prompts. It really couldn't be easier, and I have to say I prefer this method to OTA for updates of this size. Just a note: In several steps of the installation process, there were pauses of about a minute where it looked like nothing was happening. However, everything turned out beautifully. Thanks to HTC for not leaving us Evo owners out in the cold. Phone is much faster, internal memory and RAM freed up, battery life better.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs