4.3 RUU download link for the HTC Evo 4G LTE

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Does this mean it is official now or not? If it is official, are there official installation instructions to go with it? Perhaps an announcement by HTC?

Seems like there are some serious bugs with data roaming, dialer, live wallpapers, perhaps non-Gmail Email.... hard to know if this is something I would recommend to everyone yet. Wait for an update to the update?? Thoughts?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean it is official now or not? If it is official, are there official installation instructions to go with it? Perhaps an announcement by HTC?

Seems like there are some serious bugs with data roaming, dialer, live wallpapers, perhaps non-Gmail Email.... hard to know if this is something I would recommend to everyone yet. Wait for an update to the update?? Thoughts?
This is supposed to be the final update. I'm waiting to see if the bugs are worked out as far as data roaming. The dialer is different, but I'm learning to get around on it. I did like the old one better. As far as the live wall papers, don't use them and maybe they just changed what was usable... Two out of three mail clients I use are not Gmail and they work normally.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This is supposed to be the final update. I'm waiting to see if the bugs are worked out as far as data roaming. The dialer is different, but I'm learning to get around on it. I did like the old one better. As far as the live wall papers, don't use them and maybe they just changed what was usable... Two out of three mail clients I use are not Gmail and they work normally.
If data roaming isn't fixed, I am going to get a new phone since I am eligible for an update. On the other hand, that should be an easy OTA fix. 3 live wallpapers are still botched; they just won't load. I am using Muzei now, anyway, but those wallpapers work just fine on the rest of the family's HTC One phones. Dialer is the same as the HTC One. It works.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If data roaming isn't fixed, I am going to get a new phone since I am eligible for an update. On the other hand, that should be an easy OTA fix. 3 live wallpapers are still botched; they just won't load. I am using Muzei now, anyway, but those wallpapers work just fine on the rest of the family's HTC One phones. Dialer is the same as the HTC One. It works.
I'm eligible for a new phone too, but am hoping to wait for the new one(+) to come out.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Only if the photos are stored on internal memory could they be destroyed. If they're on the SD card then just pull it out to be safe.
Phone contacts will be intact as long as you back them up via google. Just go to https://www.google.com/contacts to see if your contacts are listed there.
Export them to your SD card. Import them back after the update. Works better than Google for me...

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
my computer keep booting off the connection and i cannot finish the update and help
From my experience: Use a W7 machine. Open the device manager with the phone plugged in and update the android driver until it say MyHTC. Re start the phone into Bootloader and press Fast Boot. (See above instructions). Run RUU. If it doesn't work, run it again. Took me three tries last night.

92turbo2

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
From my experience: Use a W7 machine. Open the device manager with the phone plugged in and update the android driver until it say MyHTC. Re start the phone into Bootloader and press Fast Boot. (See above instructions). Run RUU. If it doesn't work, run it again. Took me three tries last night.

my evo will power on but it will get stuck at the white HTC screen, i can get into the bootloader but everything leads to the stalled HTC screen and now if i plug this into my computer nothing pops up to access the SD card so cant really do anything

slinkeril

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
"erasing your internal storage" is this equivalent to a factory reset? ie are all my apps settings etc gone? even one i have migrated to my SD card storage? Just curious how much work it will take to get my phone running again.... How does this affect google wallet? i recall some time ago that there was some issues with updates and google wallet being bricked if you didnt disconnect it from your account.

jaywoolfork

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i go through all the steps but as soon as it says searching for bootloader and the screen goes to a grey HTC screen it says my USB is not recognized and stops the update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang