4.3 Problems - Airave?

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had the following problems since updating to 4.3:

1. Unable to send or receive SMS texts
2. Apps crashing and losing Wallpaper when connected to the pc and choosing "disk drive"

The texting is the big thing for right now. I have google voice and perhaps that's the issue? It never was before. This will drive me crazy until figured out.

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4.3 Problems

If you develop bugs after a major update it is usually advisable to do a factory reset. Sometimes they work themselves out but a FR is the fastest and most reliable way to cure them.

What to expect doing a factory reset:
You shouldn't loose any of your pictures, vids, or music saved on the SD partition of your memory. What you will loose is all of your log in information for email, games, and apps that require a user name and/password. Your apps themselves are saved at the Play Store under your profile and once you sign in they should be there waiting for you. You will loose your screen layouts and your settings will revert back to factory. Your contacts will be saved, provided you've you haven't added any since you last backed them up or do a manual backup prior to your reset, through your Google account, Big Red's backup assistant, or your SIM card just depending on where you've saved them.

Insurance:
There are several backup apps at the Play Store. MyBackUp Pro is one that claims to save your settings and screen layout as well as your SMS and MMS conversations. It's a paid app but they offer a trial that should be enough to get you through one factory reset. However there are others so look there if you want a bit more insurance against loosing data.

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

So I turned on SMS in Hangouts, and can't get SMS to send or receive with Hangouts either. Any other suggestions in settings to try?

*** Update: I've discovered that when I turned the airave off in the house I get my SMS texts back. I've never had a problem with the airave stopping texts in the past. Anyone else have an airave with the new update?

Last edited:

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

So I turned on SMS in Hangouts, and can't get SMS to send or receive with Hangouts either. Any other suggestions in settings to try?

*** Update: I've discovered that when I turned the airave off in the house I get my SMS texts back. I've never had a problem with the airave stopping texts in the past. Anyone else have an airave with the new update?
My airwave is working fine with my updated phone. Before I was occasionally having connection issues when the phone was on the dreaded ch 476....

kluecke

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

I am having issues since the 4.3 update with my Airave: I can make and send texts fine when on the Airave, but nothing comes in to me. Callers get routed directly to my VM. Texts just never make it. I've reset the Airave, reset the phone, and today even reinstalled the 4.3 RUU. I was so fed up with this that I tried to reinstall the 4.1 RUU from HTC's site, but it wouldn't take. Even with the fresh 4.3, nothing comes in to me. Any help?

Kevin

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac