4.3 Problems - Airave?
I've had the following problems since updating to 4.3:
1. Unable to send or receive SMS texts
2. Apps crashing and losing Wallpaper when connected to the pc and choosing "disk drive"
The texting is the big thing for right now. I have google voice and perhaps that's the issue? It never was before. This will drive me crazy until figured out.
Last edited by elshagon; 02-19-2014 at 06:03 PM.
- 02-19-2014, 10:49 AM #2
- 465 Posts
Re: 4.3 Problems
If you develop bugs after a major update it is usually advisable to do a factory reset. Sometimes they work themselves out but a FR is the fastest and most reliable way to cure them.
What to expect doing a factory reset:
You shouldn't loose any of your pictures, vids, or music saved on the SD partition of your memory. What you will loose is all of your log in information for email, games, and apps that require a user name and/password. Your apps themselves are saved at the Play Store under your profile and once you sign in they should be there waiting for you. You will loose your screen layouts and your settings will revert back to factory. Your contacts will be saved, provided you've you haven't added any since you last backed them up or do a manual backup prior to your reset, through your Google account, Big Red's backup assistant, or your SIM card just depending on where you've saved them.
There are several backup apps at the Play Store. MyBackUp Pro is one that claims to save your settings and screen layout as well as your SMS and MMS conversations. It's a paid app but they offer a trial that should be enough to get you through one factory reset. However there are others so look there if you want a bit more insurance against loosing data.Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
Re: 4.3 Problems
So I turned on SMS in Hangouts, and can't get SMS to send or receive with Hangouts either. Any other suggestions in settings to try?
*** Update: I've discovered that when I turned the airave off in the house I get my SMS texts back. I've never had a problem with the airave stopping texts in the past. Anyone else have an airave with the new update?
Last edited by elshagon; 02-19-2014 at 05:38 PM.
- 02-19-2014, 06:59 PM #5
- By Weng Omaps in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 20Last Post: 02-19-2014, 02:51 PM
- By Pasco08 in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
- By restockton in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2014, 09:39 AM
- By Beth Clarke in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2014, 11:25 PM
- By kelleygirlmma in forum Samsung Galaxy TabReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2014, 08:31 PM