HTC EVO 4G LTE: Last Update 4.13.651.4

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: Last Update 4.13.651.4

Thanks for keeping us updated. Has anyone been able to do some testing with this latest build? How the roaming, sync issue, and camera shutter sound? Thanks in advance.

brockster

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I had a full day with 4.13.651.4 with now issues. As for loading issues, I had one (Virgin) phone that needed to be put into fastboot to load the RUU.

brockster

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Hmm, we have Verizon throughout the building, I am gload to have the data roaming back. I will be getting a new EVO LTE as a replacement from BB today. I will load it on that to and do more testing.

jackmckenzie5

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Will this eventually be available via download from HTC publicly, or only by email? I don't have the address, and I don't want to be a bother...

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Can someone load the RUU to their Dropbox account and PM me the link? I need to wipe my phone this weekend due to some issues with an app my kid put on there that is now wreaking havoc with the rest of my apps. If I have to reload the thing from scratch I would like to at least get the update done too. Any help is appreciated....

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site

I can tell you the camera shutter sound fix wasn't in the latest update.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I emailed Mo, Venkatta, Jason and Martin yesterday. Venkata said go ahead and try the RUU, but I have not received the link to the RUU download. Glad data roaming is apparently fixed.

Are the rest of the live wallpapers fixed? 3 didn't work before. I am glad HTC is still working on this to keep the EVOLTE relevant. Previous updates really do improve the phone. I will probably jump on a new HTC One anyway after the 3/25 unveiling. I have been eligible for an upgrade since last month.

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I can tell you the camera shutter sound fix wasn't in the latest update.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

After the big stink from the last time they left the shutter sound always on, you would think they would know better......argh.

Last edited:

aowald

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Will the new RUU be available for the public soon or is this limited release to test the build? I'd like to try this out as I'm noticing errors with my phone picking up on networks. Seems to get stuck a lot when switching from Sprint 3G/4G to WIFI. Usually requires that I turn off WIFI then turn it back on again. What's funny is that it sees the WIFI network, it just does not use it until I shut off WIFI then cut it back on.

thecarp1975

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Will the new RUU be available for the public soon or is this limited release to test the build? I'd like to try this out as I'm noticing errors with my phone picking up on networks. Seems to get stuck a lot when switching from Sprint 3G/4G to WIFI. Usually requires that I turn off WIFI then turn it back on again. What's funny is that it sees the WIFI network, it just does not use it until I shut off WIFI then cut it back on.

Apparently it's only available for a select group (so it seems for now). I emailed Mo last night and still have yet to receive a response.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

tdhawks

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

Is this update supposed to help with bouncing in and out of service? I emailed Mo earlier today and just checked my email and had the new update sent to me. Hopefully they will send out the rest of the updates to you all soon.

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

As with .1 and .3 this one (.4) seems too sink its teeth into Sprint signal and not let go unless there is simply no signal to grab. So as a result, area's where I would normally roam, I have a useless Sprint signal that I cannot do anything with. I know of another area where I can try and see if roaming works, I will try and give that a shot.

Ok I do not have any experience with the stock Sense 5 beyond these updates. So the question is, should there be a landscape mode for Sense 5? Be it here on our EVO's or on the ONE? I am really missing landscape in my car dock (when I exit car mode) and when using an MHL adapter. Yes I know it is available in other ROMS as I had Cap's .3/Sense 5.5 on the phone prior to installing .4 (I replaced stock .3 with it because I needed roaming.) But really this question is about the latest builds from HTC.

I also wish they had stuck with the old Car App as well, I really prefer the look/layout over the newest one. Might have to look around here and XDA to see if restoring the layout may be possible (I understand that the look may be different due to other changes in the build, such as the widgets.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc