HTC EVO 4G LTE: Last Update 4.13.651.4

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Last Update 4.13.651.4

Picked up my replacement phone (heat issues on the old one) and installed the update on the new one.

Ran into the same problems on Win8.1 that I had with the .1 update, ended up having to do it on a Win7 machine. I have also been unsuccessful is testing the roaming. This thing insists on holding onto a useless Sprint signal even when a usable roaming signal is available.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

If it hasn't been posted "officially" yet, there's probably a reason . . .
As far I understood the last update wasn't "Official" or readily found on HTC's site. I found it in this forum.

Hoping for to find something similar.... that's all.

This is with the understanding this time around there will not be any 'OTA' version and the fact I have a two year old android phone.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Picked up my replacement phone (heat issues on the old one) and installed the update on the new one.

Ran into the same problems on Win8.1 that I had with the .1 update, ended up having to do it on a Win7 machine. I have also been unsuccessful is testing the roaming. This thing insists on holding onto a useless Sprint signal even when a usable roaming signal is available.
The data roaming actually does work now. It does have a little trouble switching between Sprint and roaming, but it does work. Keep in mind if you only see one bar, that is not actually what you have for voice. Make a call and you'll see more bars...

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

I have the .3 update installed and need 4.13.651.4 to get roaming back. Anyone have a link to an installer like there was with the .3 or can send me a PM. Thanks.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

As far I understood the last update wasn't "Official" or readily found on HTC's site. I found it in this forum.

Hoping for to find something similar.... that's all.

This is with the understanding this time around there will not be any 'OTA' version and the fact I have a two year old android phone.
This update wasn't posted on HTC's official servers.

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

The data roaming actually does work now. It does have a little trouble switching between Sprint and roaming, but it does work. Keep in mind if you only see one bar, that is not actually what you have for voice. Make a call and you'll see more bars...

Thank you for your feedback, but allow me to clearify a little.

I could not make calls, it would try but could not connect. Being in the Comm industry myself, I understand the difference between data and voice signals and I have also been monitoring them with SignalCheck Pro. The point is that the majority of the time it holds onto, as I mentioned earlier, a useless Sprint signal instead of switching over to Verizon (and on same rare occasions US Cellular, unless it was misidentified) when they have enough signal to place calls. My company phone is a Blackberry Bold 9930 on Verizon and although their service is not great in those area's either, it is usable.

Now as an update to this, it finally switched over to roaming and I was I fact able to place a call and load a webpage. I never doubted that roaming was working on this build, I just wish that it would make use of that function a little sooner than it does. Oh and this has been a hindrance that started somewhere around the original update to JB, but has been amplified with the current 4.3/.4 build.

jbhtexas

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for your feedback, but allow me to clearify a little.

I could not make calls, it would try but could not connect. Being in the Comm industry myself, I understand the difference between data and voice signals and I have also been monitoring them with SignalCheck Pro. The point is that the majority of the time it holds onto, as I mentioned earlier, a useless Sprint signal instead of switching over to Verizon (and on same rare occasions US Cellular, unless it was misidentified) when they have enough signal to place calls. My company phone is a Blackberry Bold 9930 on Verizon and although their service is not great in those area's either, it is usable.

Now as an update to this, it finally switched over to roaming and I was I fact able to place a call and load a webpage. I never doubted that roaming was working on this build, I just wish that it would make use of that function a little sooner than it does. Oh and this has been a hindrance that started somewhere around the original update to JB, but has been amplified with the current 4.3/.4 build.

Are you familiar with the Roam Control app? On the EVO 4G LTE, it works with 3.16, but I've not heard if it still works with the 4.13 update. It requires that your phone be rooted...

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Lets not get too far off topic on this thread. I held off on the .4 update this weekend, I have that feeling that there may be a final update before HTC offically releases it. I hope at least they would post it to the support section of the EVO page on HTC - Homepage. They promised us this update and I think they should man up and get it finalized and released once and for all. I mean really, it was originally promised by the end of 2013 as an OTA update and we end up with an RUU here in March and it's still not right. I used to be a huge HTC fan, but after this phone and the Sprint 4G fiasco of the last two years I longer have that warm and fuzzy I used to have,

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Are you familiar with the Roam Control app? On the EVO 4G LTE, it works with 3.16, but I've not heard if it still works with the 4.13 update. It requires that your phone be rooted...
Yeah, tired that on .1/.3 with no luck. Using Cap's .3 with built-in Roam only option it worked great. Roaming is working on this build, I just wish it would switch over a little sooner is all.

Lets not get too far off topic on this thread. I held off on the .4 update this weekend, I have that feeling that there may be a final update before HTC offically releases it. I hope at least they would post it to the support section of the EVO page on HTC - Homepage. They promised us this update and I think they should man up and get it finalized and released once and for all. I mean really, it was originally promised by the end of 2013 as an OTA update and we end up with an RUU here in March and it's still not right. I used to be a huge HTC fan, but after this phone and the Sprint 4G fiasco of the last two years I longer have that warm and fuzzy I used to have,
No offence, but boohoo. :'(

They promised. It's not this. It's not that. I know it's not ready, but it's not fast enough. I want it now! :mad:

I for one would prefer that they get it right before releasing it to the public. There is not really anything here that I just can't live without... now. As a long time beta tester for multiple companies I understand that dates can slide/be missed when trying to get things done correctly. When they try and rush to meet those dates, either features are dropped, bugs are left, or more commonly, both.

Patience Grasshopper :cool:

aowald

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Does the update beyond 4.13.651.4 allow your phone pick up on wifi networks? For instance, my main and only gripe right now is that when I come back home, my phone has a hard time recognizing that it should connect to my secured wifi network. I've already configured my phone to use my wifi network. It only seems to pick up on it when I reboot the phone, otherwise, it'll just stay on using Sprint's 3G service.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Does the update beyond 4.13.651.4 allow your phone pick up on wifi networks? For instance, my main and only gripe right now is that when I come back home, my phone has a hard time recognizing that it should connect to my secured wifi network. I've already configured my phone to use my wifi network. It only seems to pick up on it when I reboot the phone, otherwise, it'll just stay on using Sprint's 3G service.
I do not and have never had this problem. My phone immediately switches to WiFi networks when in range. In fact, I've had to turn off WiFi at times because my phone will connect to xfinity WiFi when I'm out and about as soon as some comes into range, messing up a strong LTE connection at times.

aowald

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I've never had this problem either until I ran the RUU. Not complaining mind you, just contributing some feedback about this update and trying to see if others were having this problem, or had this problem that the updated release beyond this RUU was able to resolve.

And a slight correction. I'm running 4.13.651.3. So yeah, I'd be really curious to see if 4.13.651.4 would resolve my issue. I don't mind being a guinea pig either - I've got the insurance, but at the same time, I'd prefer not to root my phone if it can be helped.

Last edited: