HTC Evo 4G LTE: Not receiving texts OR calls

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I searched but could not find an answer in the forums but Wednesday, I stopped receiving calls and texts..I can send both but cannot receive...has anyone been facing this problem? Spent a half hour on the phone with Sprint last night for no reason as they couldn't help....told me to go to a Sprint store....any thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not receiving texts OR calls

I had a similar issue when I disabled some apps. I was just trying to disable bloat from BigRed but ended up disabling something that caused me not to be able to make calls, luckily it had only been a day or so before I figured this out and was able to go in and enable the items I had previously disabled. Short of that I can't think of a reason that you would not be able to receive calls but still be able to make them. If you can make calls obviously your radio is working, in that regard it seems less likely that you have an equipment failure. Which would seem to point to a software issue. Additionally if it wasn't something that you disabled or caused inadvertently a factory reset might right things.? I am a little surprised that they didn't ask you to do a factory reset when you call for help.? Unless you just didn't mention it. Is there anything you have tried? The only other scenario that I can think of is if you forwarded your calls. There are several ways this could have occurred i.e. an app asked you to dial a special number, you set up an out of provider voicemail account that routes calls, or you setup an voip or sip calling account. If someone calls you what happens? Does their call go through, ring forever, get sent to voice mail? If you get a voicemail do you get the notification for having a message? On that note are you getting any notifications? Could it be that your phone just isn't ringing, or giving you an indication that a call or text has come in? Have you texted yourself? What happens?

I guess what is needed is just a bit more information.

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site

It might be a good idea to go or call a Sprint store. It sounds like something is a muck with Sprint in your area. It really doesn't sound like it's your phone to me, but I could be wrong.

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

My phone has been doing that since about 8PM last night. Just received a text sent at 1130 last night. I called Sprint and got the rudest @$$ that said it had to be my phone.

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Vid..thank you so much for your response..it really is appreciated..that's what makes these forums great...what I was told today from Sprint is that the local tower is being replaced and that this won't be complete until end of April...they are supposed to call me back to let me know if I can swap out the phone..Who knows..makes no sense..wife gets texts and calls etc...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Well that would nice if it's just a tower. Have you been away from your area to test it?

georgeotc

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen and it was an error that was made with the profile. I fixed with a chat agent going into ##518971# then making sure the MSID and MDN were correct. For me one of them got set to some random number and correcting it solved the issue

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Got tired of this and found the info about ##72786#, I dialed the number then reset the network connection and it fixed it immediately. This does not do anything but reset your connection and profile.

Thomas Terwilliger

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. Last call and text was Wed night. I did notice in the morning the vDM client crashed which is used for incoming text and calls. I still have yet to get to recover. Factory reset didn't work either.......