Need to go back to 4.1...need help

edilee012

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have tried this process via HTC Dev but I have not found a way to get to the C/android directory on my computer...it does not exist and my phone shows up as "EVO portable music device" when connected to PC. I need to go back to 4.1 because voicemail quits working every two days and I need my voicemail for work. I was happy with 4.1 but I need some downgrade help...need to get back to what I had...my battery life now is one day and prior to upgrade to 4.3 I was at 2 days heavy use and 3.5 for light use so not happy at all with 4.3 on this phone.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have tried this process via HTC Dev but I have not found a way to get to the C/android directory on my computer...it does not exist and my phone shows up as "EVO portable music device" when connected to PC. I need to go back to 4.1 because voicemail quits working every two days and I need my voicemail for work. I was happy with 4.1 but I need some downgrade help...need to get back to what I had...my battery life now is one day and prior to upgrade to 4.3 I was at 2 days heavy use and 3.5 for light use so not happy at all with 4.3 on this phone.
You can't go back, without rooting your phone. Most of the bugs including the voice mail crashing are not normal for 4.3. (Is it the last version?) I would recommend do a full restore (after back up to HTC Backup). As far as battery, I've always gotten a day to about a day and a half with light usage, on both 4.1 and 4.3. Disabling apps that you don't use really helps that.

edilee012

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I did a reset and voicemail quits after two days and it is the latest version. If i were to root can i undo the root after i have what i want.
I have turned off all unused apps and battery life is still crap with 4.3 and i would be considered a light user

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I did a reset and voicemail quits after two days and it is the latest version. If i were to root can i undo the root after i have what i want.
I have turned off all unused apps and battery life is still crap with 4.3 and i would be considered a light user
I was hoping that Captain Throwback would chime in here. He knows all of the technical nuts and bolts stuff. I don't know the answer about rooting and un-rooting. I think you can, although thats a lot to go through. I really don't think your voicemail crashing is related to the 4.3 update. If is was, there would be other people having the same problem, and there isn't. My phone was working extremely well with the update and kept it longer than I planned because of the update. My suggestion is to send a message to Captain Throwback (check out some other threads to find him) and tell him your problem. If anyone can help, it would be him.

edilee012

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes i am not sure if voicemail is related but 3 days ago my phone totally lost signal and said i was roaming and wouldnt allow me to place calls or texts. I did a reset and it persisted...could have been a sprint thing but the other person on plan had no issues. Right now if my voicemails quits i have to do the re activate thing to get it working again. I like 4.3 but i also see we are not getting the heartbleed fix as of yet

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes i am not sure if voicemail is related but 3 days ago my phone totally lost signal and said i was roaming and wouldnt allow me to place calls or texts. I did a reset and it persisted...could have been a sprint thing but the other person on plan had no issues. Right now if my voicemails quits i have to do the re activate thing to get it working again. I like 4.3 but i also see we are not getting the heartbleed fix as of yet
Last week I finally upgraded last week to the HTC One M8 and as much as I liked the Evo 4G LTE (and I really loved it...) the M8 is amazing. It's the phone I always hoped the Evo would be. If you are close to an up grade......jump!

edilee012

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok I was able to get the HTC Dev thing to work...they left out some specific important instructions like that you have to create the directory and put the SDK tools needed in it for it to work. And correct...you can't downgrade via that method.

My phone went funky last night again before this reset and persisted afterwards also...luckily the other person on our plan was here this time and she also had no signal like me so I have reset this phone 4 times in the last month and it seems to be a Sprint network problem.

So I will roll with what I have till I can make a carrier switch...at least I am almost certain now that it is not the phone. Thanks for the help!

I will also add a note for anyone using the HTC Dev method...you must re-lock your bootloader before you can re-install 4.3 or I guess any other OS...it kept failing so I re-locked it and it worked so take note of that. It is a command line instruction and is on the HTC Dev site.

edilee012

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
RUU_JEWEL_CL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_Sprint_WWE_4.13.651.4_R?€?igned_one_step

That is name of file. Sprint is doing tower upgrades in our area and it is hilarious I have reset my phone 3 times because I thought it was due to this upgrade....we actually have zero signal at our house because the tower is being worked on and they said it will be done by early june. We have had a weak signal the last couple days. They really need to send out notifications of this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay