Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GIFs won't play in text

Hey guys, weird problem...
    I've never had a problem playing or sending/receiving GIFs before, until about a few weeks ago (not sure if the update affected it). Now, I can still play a GIF on my phone (online or from my gallery) with no problems, but as soon as I attach a GIF file to send via text, it becomes just a still image. I've tried multiple GIFs and it happens on all. Anyone else have this issue? I'm using the stock messaging app, but I also tried it with GoSMS and had the same problem.

Thanks

Global Posts
    18,598 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: GIFs won't play in text

Quote Originally Posted by oldrtyfrog View Post
    Hey guys, weird problem...
    I've never had a problem playing or sending/receiving GIFs before, until about a few weeks ago (not sure if the update affected it). Now, I can still play a GIF on my phone (online or from my gallery) with no problems, but as soon as I attach a GIF file to send via text, it becomes just a still image. I've tried multiple GIFs and it happens on all. Anyone else have this issue? I'm using the stock messaging app, but I also tried it with GoSMS and had the same problem.

Thanks
    Maybe tapping on the image will activate the gif file? You might need to do that for the gallery app to take over.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: GIFs won't play in text

Yea, tried that. Thanks though.