Out Of Memory... what the heck is taking up 4G of space on my EVO 4G LTE?

chousner

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2016-05-23-07-46-47.png

So, my EVO 4G LTE has become almost unusable. I have deleted every application that I possibly can and it still is limping along with practically no space. Any ideas on what this 4GB of space is called "Other" and how I can find it in the file structure? I have ES File Explorer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am technically savvy (I'm a network engineer by trade), but I know very little about android.

chousner

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I wish that was the case. It gives me a breakdown of apps, but it does not respond when I press on "Other".

I am starting to think, I should just back up my phone and completely erase everything and reload from scratch. It already has TWRP installed on it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I wish that was the case. It gives me a breakdown of apps, but it does not respond when I press on "Other".

I am starting to think, I should just back up my phone and completely erase everything and reload from scratch. It already has TWRP installed on it.

A better option may be to backup all your apps that you don't want to lose data with using Titanium Backup, and then do the reset. A ROM backup can be quite large too. Thinking about that if you have a couple ROM backups that may be the cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz