Can't mount dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (file exits)/can't flash ROMs

mikeinstlouis

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
My problems began last week.
I downloaded the MYN 6/29/11 SYNERGY ROM..just playing, and LOVED IT.

I removed it, did a nandroid restore so that I could do a fresh titanium backup to put my apps on a reflash of this new ROM.

The next day, I went to the site and accidentally went to the HTC INCREDIBLE download, thought it was an update and tried to flash the HTC INCREDIBLE ROM on my EVO.
(yes..I know...dumb move..I am an obstetrician..up all night delivering babies...I wasn't paying attention)

Needless to say..ERROR (this was in clockwork mod)

I was stuck...frozen..couldn't do anything

I pulled the battery and then couldn't boot into recovery..I was freaking out. Even the CWM was dead.

I reflashed a clockwork mod recovery and THANKFULLY was able to get into recovery.

I then tried to do a NANDROID restore and get back to what I had before...but ERROR.

in fact I had two other nandroid backups..all three gave me an error.

I have been doing a few things myself.
I went to clockwork mod to see if I could restore my nandroid backups

I tried to do a Dalvik Cache wipe and got this error.
Can't mount dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(file exits). I don't recall that happening before flashing the wrong ROM.

I tried to restore my nandroid backups.

checking md5sums...
erasing boot before restore...
restoring boot image...
error while flashing boot image.

I flashed MYN Warm two point two and that worked fine.

I really wanted the new ROM so I went to the forums and have had a lot of help from some really nice people

I then successfully flashed AMON RA (supersonic is the version I believe) and I have wiped and wiped and wiped and wiped.

I have wiped everything that AMON RA says except for SD card and the battery stats and I think it was rotation..but pretty much everything else (system, Dalvik Cache, Cache, boot etc) five times in a row. note I did NOT get the errors from wiping the Dalvic Cache that I got before)

I used FORMAT_ALL.zip for a clean slate,
I have used SUPERWIPE, for a clean slate

Every time I try to install this ROM, it only completes about 1/3 of the installation notification bar (stops just underneath the V in VIRUS), stalls for a few minutes and then, all of a sudden, it says it is complete.

I reboot and it goes to the HTC EVO white screen...hangs, turns off, buzzes as it turns back on, over and over (I think this is called bootlooping?)

I have copied my SD card to my laptop, deleted everything off of my SD card, reformated it both on my laptop and in my phone, had it COMPETELY EMPTY except for the FORMAT_ALL.ZIP, and the new SYNERGY ROM, the same one that worked last week and was verified.

Tried a new SD card too

Same results. Gets a third of the way done, and then bootloops.

I think my AMON RA recovery that I flashed over my CWM is OK..it seems to be working fine.

I did an error check on my SD card and it was fine.

I am not partitioned.

I did a checksums on the ROM, all was ok.

I was able to do a NANDROID backup with my AMON RA and it was restored OK.

In summary, I flashed the HTC INCREDIBLE ROM to my HTC EVO, Error, messed up CWM, reflashed CWM, couldn't do a nandroid backup.
Then flashed Amon RA, wiped everything, used formatall.zip and superwipe, erased everything off my card except the formatall.zip and the Synergy ROM and reflashed.

Every ROM flash leads to a third of an installation and subsequent bootloop even though the ROM previously installed great last week.

It's weird. I can easily load Myns Warm 2.2. and it works fine

I have updated all the radios (caulkins thread?)...no luck.

I have made sure the md5sum count of the ROM was correct before transferring it to my card.

I hope this makes sense.

Did I fry something? Is this fixable?
MYN said that since I see light..I am not totally screwed.

I am starting to think that the CWM wrote something screwy somewhere that I can't wipe.
I am getting that Dalvik Cache error like there is file there that should not be.
It is not the ROM, nor the SD card (I tried to flash Mikg Rom, same results)

MIKEINSTLOUIS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc