Hi there,

I'm new to this site, and new to the whole rooting of the HTC Evo thing. Total newbie. I hope you can help me.

I am trying to change the ROM in my phone with another from the xda developers site and got a tutorial online on how to do this using the Recovery in the bootloader. But when I go to bootloader and click on recovery I get a black screen with a picture of a phone and a big red triangle with an exclamation mark.... What did I do wrong and how can I set it right, do you know?

I truly hope you can help!!!

Thanks so much,
    C
    07-20-2011 01:52 PM
    Are you sure you're rooted? If you are go download ROM Manager from the market and flash Clockworkmod Recovery.
    07-20-2011 02:00 PM
    If you are trying to root stock 2.3 GB it's not possible yet.
    07-20-2011 02:01 PM
    No, i know i'm not rooted. But I did the upgrade to 2.3.3 when it came out - is there any way to go back to the older version?

Why am i getting the warning sign?

Thanks guys
    07-20-2011 02:09 PM
    Assuming you're on 2.2 still, how did you root your EVO?
    07-20-2011 02:09 PM
    No, i know i'm not rooted. But I did the upgrade to 2.3.3 when it came out - is there any way to go back to the older version?

Why am i getting the warning sign?

Thanks guys
    Right now there isn't a way to go back to 2.2 or root 2.3.3, it's getting closer. You are getting that warning because that is the stock recovery. You can't flash from that. You need a custom recovery (but need to be rooted first) like Amon_RA or Clockworkmod.
    07-20-2011 02:16 PM
    OK, that makes sense then - too bad you can't go back to 2.2!!!!!

Thanks guys, this is disappointing. I really needed to use my phone as hotspot.
    07-20-2011 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD