Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3G is not working, please help :(

Hello all,

A while ago, I rooted my dad's EVO and have flashed a few ROMs but have settled on Deck's GB Rom (Ver 2.3.3) of which has been running for a couple weeks now. For the past week, I noticed that the EVO will always display a "1x" data connection and the extremely slow internet browsing seems to confirm that it is indeed operating under "1x" data. No matter where I have gone, what I have tweaked in the "mobile network settings", which Roms I have flashed, I could never get the phone to operate under "3G" data. It's as if the 3G radio has stopped working!

Does anyone know of any fix? Please help, my dad keeps giving me **** about breaking his phone, but I'm sure there is a way to fix this right?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Global Posts
    975 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

First, you should call Sprint to see of their is and outages or see if they are doing upgrade work to towers in your area. Worth a shot... couldn't just be something simple like that.

Second, Decks is a AOSP rom... it show "true" 3g strength and readings. Sense based roms always show the data connection as 3g even when its not.

Try flashing a Sense based rom and update the PRL, Profile and make show him radios are the latest ones from the last update. Then nandroid back to his Deck setup and see if that works. You didn't break your dads eVo, if the radio was broken you wouldn't even be able to get 1x data.

Let us know how it works out for ya and good luck.

Viewing it
    Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi