[Guide] How-to root Evo 4G gingerbread! via Revolutionary

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Install a rom of your liking

I just finished installing Synergy RLS1

Now I'm looking if it's possible to Wifi Tether without sprint knowing or charging you ;)

Hmmmm

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Sprint won't know unless you go really crazy with it. I been using it since October and all good here.

Just a FYI, the native Sprint hotspot is unlocked (use it for free) in that rom so you don't have to use that app. I always had better luck with the Sprint hotspot.

inav

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
What are the custom gingerbread roms out there? Which ones are worth checking out? I'm only aware of MikG, but nothing else.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I am getting error occurred while trying to run privileged commands when I click on fix permissions in Rom Manager and then fix permissions on my Evo 4g. I am showing s-off and the CWM instealled from this method.

kooja_IIT

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
When i try to run revolutionary, it closes itself right away, I have redownloaded it and get the same result. My phone has usb debugging turned on and is charge only

chfd158

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
hey guys i did the revolution S-off last night everything took as far as i can tell. i went to download clockworkmod so i could flash roms and it said that my SU wasnt found at /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su. how do i fix this ?? thanks

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
hey guys i did the revolution S-off last night everything took as far as i can tell. i went to download clockworkmod so i could flash roms and it said that my SU wasnt found at /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su. how do i fix this ?? thanks

Just a thought. Try downloading Amon_RA recovery (I assuming you're talking the recovery when you say clockworkmod and not Rom Manager) and then re-installing superuser.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Install a rom of your liking

I just finished installing Synergy RLS1

Now I'm looking if it's possible to Wifi Tether without sprint knowing or charging you ;)

Hmmmm

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

The sprint hotspot hack is included in Synergy - you do not need to take any additional steps to use it. (oops, Smoke already covered this)

That being said... how do you like Synergy? I am thinking about installing it - it looks to be exactly what I want in a ROM.

P.S. it has landscape homescreens, right?

RamjetFDO

Apr 7, 2011
www.balettie.com
The only thing the guide here is missing is the step about copying over the superuser file before even starting

This.

I had to bump out of the process, reconnect via USB, and copy the SU file over... Since this was my first "rooting a phone experience", I was a tad nervous as to how it would respond, but no worries.

If the process here had that one step added, it, too, would be easy-peasy to follow!

Glex25

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The sprint hotspot hack is included in Synergy - you do not need to take any additional steps to use it. (oops, Smoke already covered this)

That being said... how do you like Synergy? I am thinking about installing it - it looks to be exactly what I want in a ROM.

P.S. it has landscape homescreens, right?

Yes Landscape home screens

I'm really liking it it is a easier transition for a first timer than going all out with some of the more basic roms out there and then customizing it to your liking.

I'm still reloading my apps/contacts and my backup SMS

One thing I have been trying to do is change my bootscreen.
When I load a new bootscreen all I get is the android lettering not the actual bootscreen I downloaded but that is for another thread

mottern

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My problem is I use my phone as my internet connection through pdanet, and there are no open networks around here. So when I ran revolution and it asked about downloading recovery (internet connection needed) I pressed no.So my question is how do i install clockwork mod manually? My phone is already s-off after running Revolution. Is there a way to install superuser without going into recovery so I can get recovery via Rom Manager? Thanks for any info.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My problem is I use my phone as my internet connection through pdanet, and there are no open networks around here. So when I ran revolution and it asked about downloading recovery (internet connection needed) I pressed no.So my question is how do i install clockwork mod manually? My phone is already s-off after running Revolution. Is there a way to install superuser without going into recovery so I can get recovery via Rom Manager? Thanks for any info.

You install Clockworkmod through your hboot. Download the .zip file of Clockwork and rename it PC36IMG.zip (All caps. Case sensitive). Make sure it doesn't have .zip twice. Have it on your sd card and don't put it in any folder as it won't be found.

Turn off Fastboot and then power off the phone. Hold Volume Down + Power until your white screen comes on. Don't touch anything and let it scan for it and let it do its thing. It will ask you to update and select yes (Volume Up) and then reboot. Flash Superuser through recovery.

You can't get Rom Manger to install it because you need Superuser first for the app to work.

Reactions: mottern

mottern

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You install Clockworkmod through your hboot. Download the .zip file of Clockwork and rename it PC36IMG.zip (All caps. Case sensitive). Make sure it doesn't have .zip twice. Have it on your sd card and don't put it in any folder as it won't be found.

Turn off Fastboot and then power off the phone. Hold Volume Down + Power until your white screen comes on. Don't touch anything and let it scan for it and let it do its thing. It will ask you to update and select yes (Volume Up) and then reboot. Flash Superuser through recovery.

You can't get Rom Manger to install it because you need Superuser first for the app to work.
Thank you very much Ive asked this question at least a dozen times today and no one would reply...Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski