USB 1.0 workaround?

iEVOkethe5th

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
First off, if this is the wrong place for this question I apologize. Moderators please feel free to move as needed.
I have been following several threads here and really appreciate the professional feel and manner of these forums. That being said I have an issue I can't seam to find an answer or even reference to. I like many took the ota update on my Evo and have since been patiently waiting for a root exploit. Now that its here I am faced with I believe a hardware problem. The laptop I am using apparently has USB 1.0 ports. Every time I have hooked up to it with the Evo I get pop-ups saying this device can perform faster.
My question is, is there a workaround for this? I have Adb, and the sdk installed on the laptop, am wanting to use the Revolution tool to get s-off and install recovery and rom. Is this possible with the usb 1.0 ports? If not is there a way to use the tool through bluetooth?
Any help will be greatly appreciated! Once again sorry if I posted in the wrong place or overlooked an applicable thread.

---- J.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You're asking if you can root with a USB 1.0 right? Moved ya to the root section, no worries.

Try upgrading your USB port through hardware manager (assuming your on windows)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: iEVOkethe5th

iEVOkethe5th

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Managed to run Revolution, am now s-off, running Synergy with the golden monkey kernel.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze