Trying out the REVOLUTIONARY

noeval3222

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I want to try the revolutionary, but i'm not sure what is an HBOOT. Can anyone let me know how I find my HBoot on my HTC Evo 4G? Please and thank you :]

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Definition for hhoot: is loaded immediately when your phone is switched on, and it's mainly responsible for checking and initializing the hardware and starting the phone's software. It can also he used for flashing official software releases, as well as a few other things. HBoot can be compared to the BIOS on a computer.

You either have 2.15.0001 or 2.16.0001 I am almost willing to bet you have the 2.16 variety. Are you wanting to too root? I'm guessing so, ask anything I'll help if I can, by the way when you run the revolutionary software with your phone plugged in it shows your device info including hboot!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
To find it on your own turn off fastboot, power off, hold volume down + power until the white screen comes on. That is what you're looking for.

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks smoke I miss read at first and once I realized I PM'd the info to him! Thanks for your help!

noeval3222

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so I got the revolutionary to work. My phone is now rooted :], thanks Smoke and Taz. Now I'm going to try out some ROMS :]. Any Recommendations:confused:?

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so I got the revolutionary to work. My phone is now rooted :], thanks Smoke and Taz. Now I'm going to try out some ROMS :]. Any Recommendations:confused:?

Hope you get massive amounts of fun being in the drivers seat now! Get your flash on!