Help with unrooting

evohtc

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
hey guys!!!

today i had my fone charging and my nephew knocked it over and broke the charging piece, i took out the screws and the piece came off, I need to take it to sprint but they wont help cuz its rooted! is there any way to unroot it witout using usb nd just the sd card?

ive searched everywea and nuthin!!! plz help....thnxs

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Boot into Hboot and look at the top. If you have s-off you are still technically "rooted" but you are probably on a stock rom without root permissions ie SU (superuser)

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Download this *1 http://downloads.unrevoked.com/forev...orever-son.zip.

Place this file (*1) on the sd card. Doesn't have to be on the root of the card just anywhere easy to find.

Next download the latest RUU at *2goo-inside.me - stock downloads

Now rename the RUU (*2) file to PC36IMG.zip and place on root of the sd card. This time it is important for it to be on the root of the card.

Reboot into recovery and find the s-on tool (file *1)

Install zip and reboot.

Boot into hboot and the phone should automatically search for the PC36IMG.zip file. This will take a few mins to unzip, then it will ask if you want to apply update. Hit volume up to accept and it will flash the stock rom on to the phone. This will take several mins. Once down, volume down to reset device. Make sure to delete the PC36IMG.zip off of the root of the sd card cause it will always try to unzip and ask if you want to install it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX