[Recovery] [Amon_RA] RA-supersonic-v2.3

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Thought I would go ahead and put this recovery out for everyone to see. This is to let everyone know of the choices they have for a recovery. Everyone knows about Clockworkmod and now TWRP. TWRP thread is floating around here. As for a recovery I believe for this to be the most reliable of the three, but that is my opinion. As a note, if you see this color anywhere on here it is my wording not Amon_RA.

Note
As with any recovery, the nandroids with this recovery will not work with the others and visa versa

[ Description ]

This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.

[ Features ]

Detailed description of every menu item

[ Known Issues ]

v2.3.3 has some screen tearing/color weirdness going on. This is just a graphical bug in the recovery kernel, nothing to worry about. I'll try to fix it in a next version.

[ Download ] - ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the file isn't corrupted!

recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img - MD5Sum: c00243750cc79e4a1dd4888db175b19f
PC36IMG- MD5SUM: 6dbb98f9cfa35033982c3803d2520466

Mirror to all my recoveries (Click a few adds to keep it up and running - Thanks DrMacinyasha ^^)

[ Install ] - There are several ways to install a custom recovery, feel free to pick the one that suits you best :

- the Bootloader way - - Thanks Tiffany84 ^^

* Place PC36IMG.zip on the root of your sd card.
* Boot the phone into the bootloader by powering the phone down, then press the power and the volume down buttons at the same time.
* Once the phone boots into the bootloader the phone will automatically recognize the zip file. It will ask if you would like to update, select yes and let it do it's thing and you will be good to go​

- via Rom Manager - - STILL NEEDS TO UPDATED TO v2.3!! (This should already be updated)

* Download "Rom Manager" from the Android market
* Start "Rom Manager"
* Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait for it to finish
* Select "Flash Alternate Recovery" and wait for it to finish -> this will install the latest version of RA recovery.​

- via terminal app or adb - (Make sure your rom contains flash_image!!)

* Copy recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img to the root of your sdcard
* start the terminal app or launch adb
* su(press enter)
* flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img(press enter)
reboot recovery(press enter)
[ Important notes ]

* Don't restore wimax nandroids between different phones! If you still plan to do it make sure to remove the wimax image from the nandroid backup before restoring!!
* I'll only answer to posts with a real problem description and a pastebin log. All other "issues" will be skipped/ignored.
* Make sure have enough free space available on your sdcard when making a nandroid backup!!
* Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
* You can do this by doing :​
* "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
* Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.
[ Special Thanks ]

* AndroidSPIN for hosting ^^
* Tiffany84 for the PC36IMG's ^^
* DrMacinyasha for the mirror ^^
* jhansche for the initial port of the evo recovery and his menu navigation and verification code.
* joncfoo for the menu loop code.
*toastcfh for testing and all his awesome work on the Evo (root, unlocked nand, ..) Thanks ^^ Buy him a coffee!!
* flipzmode for testing, screenshots and feedback, Thanks ^^
* packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
* Koushik Dutta for his awesome work on recoveries and ROM manager ^^
* Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
* Chris Soyars for the new Apps2SD method ^^
* JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
* pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid
* 51dusty for his sdparted script!
* k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
* rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
Here is Amon's original xda theard [Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Change-Log & Screenshots

v2.3

*Nandroid will skip sd-ext backup when it's not present.
*Nandroid will not check the battery percentage anymore.
*Switched off signature check by default (Stop asking now, ok?).
*Cache is not selected as part of a default Nandroid backup anymore.
*Added wipe Boot, System and sdcard to the wipe menu.
*Re-ordered some items in the wipe menu.
*Switched to a CM android-msm-2.6.35-unified kernel (should stop the endless dots).​

Change Log for older builds can be found on the original thread by Amon_RA

Here are screenshots I took except for the last one. Thanks go to Amon_RA for that one.

Last edited:

thunderkiss65

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sc when I put image to root of SD card the boot into recovery holding volume down and power when i get into clockwork I am supposed to get something telling me do I want to update to file image etc. I am not getting that am I doing something wrong. It said boot into hboot on instructions.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You use the .img for flashing with a terminal emulator or adb. Use the PC36IMG download link and put that on your sd card and then boot into your bootloader. Give it a sec and it will find it. Non of these are to be installed through your recovery.

If I have time today I'll make a video for both, but my evening is pretty much booked. If I don't get to it today then I can defiantly do it tomorrow.

thunderkiss65

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes I understand that when i boot into bootloader I wait and nothing happens. I am not trying to flash it through recovery

thunderkiss65

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry my bad I was downloading it from phone and moving zip to root of SD card. I was thinking I was moving img to SD card but was moving zip and bootloader was saying bad file. Issue fixed thanks

thunderkiss65

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it fixed.
Ty basically i was putting the wrong zip recovery to sd card it kept saying bad file or something like that. that thing scrolls really fast while trying it, This forum i like better than xda, if you ask for help they act like youre ******ed for asking, well I am new this phone got to start somewhere. Now i can format and update to ext 3

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I've done that many times myself with the wrong files. After many attempts and getting frustrated I learned what I did, I just shake my head and call myself stupid. lol

As for the other site I'll just say this and leave it as is. Second thought, I won't say anything

AC is just about as friendly as they come. Now back on topic :)

Last edited:

thunderkiss65

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it fixed.

hello i am having a problem in this recovery, i updated to ext 3 and in recovery when i try to mount my sd card plug and play doesnt pull up when i connect my usb, when i boot the phone all i see is my wall paper radio and power, nothing else, i am trying to get to the sd card so i can flash the rom i wanted. in the previous recovery it had a option to to mount then plug usb and my sd card would show up via computer, i cant get that option now, any suggestions

iEVOkethe5th

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been using 2.3 for the past few months, ever since the revolutionary root method for gb, was the first thing I flashed after the initial root, and I have had 0 (zero) problems, after flashing back and forth 100's of ROMs and nandroids backups. One thing to note (could very well of been user error), I decided to rename my nandroids after the ROM they were created from, what I found is that you should not have a space in your renamed nandroids, ie; decks 1.3e should be decks1.3e.
I only mention this in the hopes that others, who may become a flashaholic (as I have) and forget to note the date and time (as I did), and not make the mistake of borking a nandroid, as I did.. LOL

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Having no spaces in your nandroid goes for all recoveries. Sucks you found out the hard way. I also learned the hard way when I started flashing roms.

iEVOkethe5th

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Yea no biggie though, just fed my crave for flashing.
I got a question for ya Smoke, have you tried Amon_RA HAUS MOD V2.3? Found it over in the mikmik, i get no more screen tearing on reboot (actually kinda miss it), and it seems to do my nandroid b/u & restores a little faster.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Even though TWRP 2.0 is out and everything, I still say this is the best hands down. Just wanted to give this thread a quick bump in hopes if someone isn't using it...they will start. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz