Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The application Dialer (process com.android.phone)

I was deleted unwanted apps from my phone and accidently deleted TelephonyProvider.apk which keeps giving me a pop up saying, "The application Dialer (process com.android.phone)..." keeps popping up. After tons of searching I was able to find out which file causes that, but the stupid thing wont go away and its extremely hard to get into my setting to clear the cache.

I even did a stock reflash, but unfortunately it was unsuccessful.

Can someone please tell me how can i get rid of that or a way to access so i can get rid of this and have access to my phone again.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: The application Dialer (process com.android.phone)

ok i found a telephony app, but now how do i get it in to the phone and install it? my phone is factory reset and the pop up wont really let me access things...

If I'm not mistaken, you can use adb to install apps, don't quite remember the process, but a little Googling should reveal the process.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ok, thanks ill give that a shot now lol. I have a headache from the research too!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, I downloaded all the requirements to make adb work...now how do I make it work? I cant find a tutorial to use adb to install an application..

ROM
    Stock for now

Give this a look. It shows how to do it plus has screenshots.

Using ADB to install Applications on your android handset. voxiGee's Blog
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Aw hell, you didn't necessarily delete the dialer. I deleted a wallpaper once and it took down the entire touchscreen. All I had WAS a wallpaper. What a PITA.