S-Off isn't changing

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey, guys! I haven't been on the forums for the longest time. I need your help though.

I'm selling my Evo this weekend to my cousin and I want the phone to be completely stock; however, my phone was previously rooted. The issue I'm having is that UnrevokedForeverSon or whatever it's called is not changing the device back to S-ON after unrooting. So I decided to try re-running the Froyo RUU, and everything changed back to stock...except the S-Off is still there in the bootloader. Also, the device isn't recognizing any updates after running the RUU. It's on 2.2, even though I know the Evo received a Gingerbread update. Any tips?

Thanks in advance. It's only been a year, but it's time to move on to another phone.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You most likely need to re root, flash the unrevoked forever s-off tool and then run the GB RUU.

Just because we haven't seen you around is no excuse to post in the wrong section! Shame! Haha, kidding. But yeah I'm gonna move it :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You most likely need to re root, flash the unrevoked forever s-off tool and then run the GB RUU.

Just because we haven't seen you around is no excuse to post in the wrong section! Shame! Haha, kidding. But yeah I'm gonna move it :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Lol, I know! I can't believe I did that! I just noticed it right now. Luckily, it's out of my hands now and the trade was a success. My other cousin is going to reroot the phone anyways.

Yeah, so now I have an old Blackberry which I will use until I figure out what to do next :)

Thanks for the help!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I know! I can't believe I did that! I just noticed it right now. Luckily, it's out of my hands now and the trade was a success. My other cousin is going to reroot the phone anyways.

Yeah, so now I have an old Blackberry which I will use until I figure out what to do next :)

Thanks for the help!

I hope the "next" you're referring to is an Android ;)