Help! My HTC EVO 4G is stuck on splash screen

xkimmy95x

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So I tried rooting my evo last week using simpleroot. After I rebooted, it was stuck on the splash screen that says htc evo 4g. I tried everything and it won't move from that screen. What do I do?

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you truest. Holding down the volume key down +power at the same time ? Does it got to the hboot screen ?

Sent from my Evolved HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't you love when someone asks for help, and then gives you ZERO information forcing you to pry it out one nugget at a time? Good luck!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So I tried rooting my evo last week using simpleroot. After I rebooted, it was stuck on the splash screen that says htc evo 4g. I tried everything and it won't move from that screen. What do I do?

Yea. I still see hboot screen. By the way I also tried the ruu method and it didn't work.

Do you have S-OFF?
Liked was asked by PFCLand, do you have a custom recovery or is it stock? You could of lost your custom recovery when installing the RUU.
What version of Android did you have when you used simpleroot?

The more we know at first the easier it is to help. :)

xkimmy95x

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Can you boot into recovery ?

Sent From my Evoled HTC EVO using Tapatalk
@PFCland - no I can't. Everytime I go Into recovery there's a screen that cOmes up with an android phone and a red caution sign next to it.

@halizdad - please don't judge. I have no idea what info to give because I'm soooo new to this whole rooting stuff and everything.

@smoke crawler - I don't know what s off is. I alsO have no idea If it was custom recovery or not. I didn't do anything to the phone except run simple root. I also don't know what version I had. It was the one before the newest update for Evo 4g. Sorry I don't have much info :( I really hope it didn't brick or anything...

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
We'll walk you through it, no biggie. Please don't take any offense to some as they just like to speak out. :p

ok... The screen with the phone and the red explanation mark is your stock recovery.

To know if you have S-OFF you will need to look on your bootloader screen. The white screen with androids.This will be in the upper left hand corner on the first line. If it says S-ON then the root didn't work.

Simpleroot works on Froyo (2.2). If you are on Gingerbread (2.3) then you have to use the revolutionary method as that is the only one at this time.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Recovery didn't install when you loaded s-off. Easy fix. I'll let one of the others write a book in how to do it instead of me saying to just load it again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
We'll walk you through it, no biggie. Please don't take any offense to some as they just like to speak out. :p

ok... The screen with the phone and the red explanation mark is your stock recovery.

To know if you have S-OFF you will need to look on your bootloader screen. The white screen with androids.This will be in the upper left hand corner on the first line. If it says S-ON then the root didn't work.

Simpleroot works on Froyo (2.2). If you are on Gingerbread (2.3) then you have to use the revolutionary method as that is the only one at this time.

What he means is do what is said hold the volume key down+power to see if s-off us on it off

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Recovery didn't install when you loaded s-off. Easy fix. I'll let one of the others write a book in how to do it instead of me saying to just load it again.

Because he used simpleroot we need to make sure he has s-off first instead of assuming.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Nothing to assume. If he doesn't have s off he's going to have to reload it anyhow. Tell you what, have fun. Ive used simple root, rev, and several other methods. They're not magic.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Nothing to assume. If he doesn't have s off he's going to have to reload it anyhow. Tell you what, have fun. Ive used simple root, rev, and several other methods. They're not magic.

Tell you what, you haven't been helpful at all. The OP is new and has no clue what anything is. We need to make sure he knows and understands what is going on instead of talking to him like he does.

xkimmy95x

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
No it won't go into recovery. When I choose recovery a screen comes up with an android phone and a red caution sign.

I don't knOw what s off is

I have no idea if I had custom recovery or not. All I did was try simple root. I didn't install any custom stuff. And I had the version before the most recent Evo 4g version.

xkimmy95x

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Disregard that last post. Sorry. Thank you guys for helping me so far. I really appreciate it. :)

Anyway, s off is not on because it says revolutionary on the top of the screen when I press volume down + power.

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Disregard that last post. Sorry. Thank you guys for helping me so far. I really appreciate it. :)

Anyway, s off is not on because it says revolutionary on the top of the screen when I press volume down + power.

Hmm . Have you re tryed rooting via revolutionary ? Because it seems s off might not be off but on . So try using revolutionary to root. It is located in the stickies its easy to use I used it and I had my phone rooted in 5 mins VIA revolutionary so try that

xkimmy95x

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So I can still try rooting without the phone being able to boot past the splash screen? I'll try the revolutionary then. I so remember trying revolutionary before and I thought it didn't go through.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Tell you what; the OPs phone doesn't work. Let's get the phone to work, then you can explain all the way down to binary code and work your way up if you'd like. When your compadre advised the OP to do what I said to do last night, you didn't say ****. What's up with that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88