Pay for root

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I know this might be futile but I just simply don't have a PC and really want to root my evo. Anybody in the Cleveland, OH area or know anyone in the area I can pay for root, recovery? If I had pc I'd have no problem doing it myself

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm drowning here. Went to computer lab today and downloaded HTC drivers and rEVOlutionary but couldn't install drivers because I'm not a administrator. Put ad on Craigslist 3 days in a row stating I will PAY for root and get nothing but people who must think I was born yesterday. The only guy i trust wants $50 which is robbery. One guy said "I can root it but I'm going home at 2. Drop your phone off with my brother and pick it up in the morning" like I'm some dummy. I seriously think I'm the only one in Cleveland who's even thinking about root. I got the will, but running out of ways. Anybody in the Cleveland area please help me. Ill do it myself but need to get access to a pc with no corporate administrators like libraries and labs.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You can mail it too me... just sayin.

Kidding :p

But have you tried your local bestbuy/electronics store? You may get lucky, especially because it doesnt take long at all. Just the downloads. Maybe bring a flash drive with the goods on it :p
desperate times man... haha

Reactions: iEVOkethe5th

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I hear you and that flash drive idea might be worth looking into. But is it even possible? How would I do that? Don't see how I could do anything on a best buy computer without some 20 year old kid saying "can I help you find something" every 2 Mins.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just be straight up with the guy. Im using this computer so I can use my phone properly.

Or telling him you're making sure the laptop does what you want before purchasing online ;)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I got it done today thanks to CLEVELANiMAL. Now I gotta find a Rom. Thanks for all your help guys. As for that beta key issue I saw somewhere that "l" which appears to be a lower case L is actually a capital "I" and that's what it was.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Now that you're all set, check out "ROM Manager" in the market. You can download ROMS and flash right from your phone. Also, back up your current ROM

Sent from my rooted Ego using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC