other options for root...c prompts maybe

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna be attempting to root this weekend with the help of a member here and in my previous experience there was a issue with revolutionary and the beta key. While I would really like to do it via revolutionary I was wondering what are my other options. I'm sure there's a few people who couldn't revolutionary to work and had to enter command prompts or something. What are my options guys. Can someone post a link

krocadile1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge right now if you have gingerbread on your Evo you can only use revolutionary to get rooting on the phone. I haven't heard of using anything else for gingerbread on an Evo.

krocadile1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
thats post gingerbread, I don't believe it works after the gingerbread update. But if your still running Froyo then yes use unrevoked forever, just know its very difficult to ever unroot from it. (just saying if you ever think you would need to unroot)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan on ever unrooting but I did some research on the internet and every person who had the beta key error figured out what they were doing wrong and got it working. So im gonna try revolution again with the guy thats helping me. Thanks for the input guys

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Revolutionary works fine. All issues I've read have been user error or caused by the lack of instructions like extracting drivers before installing or right clicking and running as administrator if you're logged on as other than administrator

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

krocadile1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
A way to make sure your putting the key in right is to copy paste the code in notepad or something to get it in a better font to tell letters and numbers apart. Also capitals matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez