CM7 Giving Me Problems.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Basically I rooted & flashed my EVO to CM7 & have a set of problems. My signal here at my house was full bars when i had the original stock roms but now it goes up halfway & just has a rollercoaster type pattern. I wonder if something might be wrong or replacing the kernel for a fix? Anybody recommend any kernels i can switch out to for a fix?

Then the keyboard often malfunctions giving me 2 problems.
1). Where im going to type & the keyboard doesnt appear.
2). Im typing & nothing comes up just stays blank.
The only solution to the problems is to reboot the phone. So im rebooting often to combat the problem but i want a fix.

Last thing im curious about is how to sync music over & contact sync? I got the usb driver to upload files. It takes an eternity setting up folders & putting music into it. Then my contacts is a mess i cant sync over anything to it. Need help pronto! Thanks!

MEZOCLONE

May 6, 2011
Visit site
What version of cm7 are you on? You should be able to use Gmail to save and syn your contacts or even just save them to you sd card but I just use gmail. If you go into the contacts app you should have the option to add a account same in gmail....If you are having to put all your apps back on your phone after flashing I would use titanium backup but only backup user apps(backing up system apps will give you problems) let me know which version you are on though I had a few problems with 7.0.3.1

MEZOCLONE

May 6, 2011
Visit site
7.0.2.1 was a lot more stable for me maybe give it a try and I think titanium back would save you tons of time restoring all your apps....You could also try out poonkangs kernel and see how that goes. You can download and flash it with kernel manager(In the market)

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Really? Ill see if i can get that version & give it a shot. Alrite sounds good ill search up that kernel & the manager to see if i get some good results. Thanks bro.