Help S-Off but no root

radboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Originally rooted Froyo Evo 4g with unrevoked.
Recently did RUU unroot to stock Gingerbread.
I'm ready to reroot using revolutionary but in reviewing my HBOOT I note that my phone shows S-Off.
I however am not rooted as ROM Manager and Titanium backup don't see my phone rooted.
Should I proceed with revolutionary or are there other steps I should take to regain root?
Thanks in advance.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they are. I remember a couple of weeks ago i was trippin out on what it was & what it meant & if i had completed the rooting process. Now i know how to do it well & flashing is a sinch.

DJ19920128

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok I gotta question...
I unrooted my evo 4g with z4root. Now heres the catch I dont have access to a pc. And im stuck in hboot. Its lets me go into recovery and ive tryed flash the stock rom andit says update aboarded. Does anyone know what to do?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok I gotta question...
I unrooted my evo 4g with z4root. Now heres the catch I dont have access to a pc. And im stuck in hboot. Its lets me go into recovery and ive tryed flash the stock rom andit says update aboarded. Does anyone know what to do?

Flash a different rom. Problem solved.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

myrfolk

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
ok, i have a friends evo 4g. now as this is my first post (but 3rd different root (lg marquee and samsung captivate:cool:)) plz be easy on me:-[. i followed them to the letter, nothing failed. i have su and titanuim in the app drawer, but su has no root priveleges.:-\ when i reboot into recovery, it HAS s-off:D so i should be good, but when i try to access root apps, i have no permissions :confused: so its like the root didnt fully take. i flashed su 3.0.7. twice from recovery. the friend does NOT want a custom rom, just to be able to "trim the fat" from his stockware. if theres anything i left out i will gladly provide more info just to get this done b4 i crack

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ok, i have a friends evo 4g. now as this is my first post (but 3rd different root (lg marquee and samsung captivate:cool:)) plz be easy on me:-[. i followed them to the letter, nothing failed. i have su and titanuim in the app drawer, but su has no root priveleges.:-\ when i reboot into recovery, it HAS s-off:D so i should be good, but when i try to access root apps, i have no permissions :confused: so its like the root didnt fully take. i flashed su 3.0.7. twice from recovery. the friend does NOT want a custom rom, just to be able to "trim the fat" from his stockware. if theres anything i left out i will gladly provide more info just to get this done b4 i crack

Try installing ROM Manager and using its "fix permissions" feature. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!