Stuck on black screen with phone and red triangle

Aken_Bosh

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I know that there's plenty of people having this problem but I haven't found any solution in all those threads, so please if someone can help me. Today I bought an HTC Evo 4g, and I wanted to root it right away, so I tried this method which I believe is by unrevoked

Anyway, when trying to update the files, two of them failed ( radio and system) so it screwed up my rebooting. Now I am stuck in that black screen or if I take out the battery I would be stuck on the white screen. What can I do to solve this?

Extra info:
Version 2.3.3
HBOOT 6.16
S-OFF
Radio 2.15.00

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You haven't flashed a recovery yet have you? If so you need to mount ur SD card & copy over the recovery image u wish to use for your phone. Do you have a recovery image you have decided to use? Such as clockworkmod it amon_RA recovery.

Last edited:

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It should say recovery on your bootloader. Are you sure you don't see a recovery option on your bootloader?

Last edited:

MEZOCLONE

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Turn phone off then hold the volume down and power button at the same time get you to the bootloader screen.You said you're knew to this so I just wanted to make sure you knew how to get on the bootloader menu....

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You can fastboot flash the recovery via adb or you can use the flash img GUI program by Joey krim. It does cost a dollar or so in the market but I recommend buying it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Aken_Bosh

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
yes it says recovery but every time i try to do that it gets stuck in the black screen. I think I'm already understanding this haha so I just need the correct archives-files to get my htc working again, but which ones! that is my question. I tried by getting it back to the stock hboot, so now I am S-ON .. now what?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
yes it says recovery but every time i try to do that it gets stuck in the black screen. I think I'm already understanding this haha so I just need the correct archives-files to get my htc working again, but which ones! that is my question. I tried by getting it back to the stock hboot, so now I am S-ON .. now what?

Unless you can run the stock 3.70.651.1 RUU (I think that's the correct file) you won't be able to load another ROM with s-on...You need to be s-off to flash a ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs