Problems running Revolutionary using Comcast?

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I just read on a forum that there have been problems trying to use Revolutionary when using Comcast for your isp. Just seems unlikely, but I wonder if that is my problem trying to get Revolutionary to accept the beta key for my EVO 4G. Have you other Comcast users had problems?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I just read on a forum that there have been problems trying to use Revolutionary when using Comcast for your isp. Just seems unlikely, but I wonder if that is my problem trying to get Revolutionary to accept the beta key for my EVO 4G. Have you other Comcast users had problems?

I have rooted 6 phones using revolutionary, and 4 or 5 others using other means...I am a Comcast user.

Make sure if you are using a Windows computer, you selected the revolutionary s-off tool for Windows and not Linux. That's what makes the beta key not match up. The first time I did it, I chose Linux because that is what the phone is, and I was trying to root the phone; (in my mind) not the computer. Well, it means to ask you what the OS of your computer is, but it says "Download for Linux" or "Download for Windows".

Last edited:

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, and yes I did use the Windows tool. I am not exactly a noobie to any of this, and I can't stress enough how careful I have been, or how many times I have tried. My evo bricked during a recent update and could not be recovered at home. I had to take it to Sprint for repair and start over from scratch. Maybe their recovery did something that makes the normal "Recovery" process fail?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Dunno'. There are a lot of ways to make it not work, but Comcast isn't one of them. I mean there are a LOT of ways where it won't work. Any misstep will stop it from working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax