CM7 issues

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
In Sense I could link my FB contacts to phone contacts, now that I flashed CM7, I can't - i have to sync all contacts from FB and I don't see any way to combine so I have duplicates based on slightly different names. Add to that I can't edit a FB contact with missing phone/email/business info that's in my phone contact for the same person.

Also, anybody have tips on killing the notification sound (n00b question I know) for emails and texts? I just want the Evo to vibrate and the LED to flash, not some ridiculous ringtone, and I don't want to go silent.

I just moved from Synergy since it went all buggy on me - and I'm tired of reloading all my apps and restoring data from TB.

grberk

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can combine contacts, but it's a little harder to find. Choose a contact and edit it (Menu|Edit) and then when you are in the Edit Contact interface, press Menu again, and you will see a button labeled "Join". This is the option that combines contacts. Just choose the contact you want to join and it will combine them.

As far as notifications go, usually all of the apps that have notifications can be managed by going into the App's Menu|Settings options and looking under the Notifications Settings section. I know it is there for Gmail and Messaging. I don't use the Mail app for Outlook/POP sync, but I am pretty sure it's in there too.

Reactions: P_M_G

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
thanks grberk - it probably would have taken me forever to find the Join button

and i figured out after i dl'ed Handcent that i could disable notification sounds a lot easier.