Noob help

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
OK...

I just rooted my phone, doublechecked and it is golden. Now, my question is - what is the best/easiest/most failproof way to get rid of this bloatware? I tried to get rid of Facebook but it borked my phone... Luckily I had just backed up my phone so I restored it no problem.

I would prefer an option on the phone itself rather than through my laptop, but any suggestion would be fantastic.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Also, question #2:

How would one go about adjusting android partitions? I see a ton of wasted space. I don't really want a custom rom, just want to free up some more application space.

I've been searching, but can't really find a good answer for this.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
OK...

I just rooted my phone, doublechecked and it is golden. Now, my question is - what is the best/easiest/most failproof way to get rid of this bloatware? I tried to get rid of Facebook but it borked my phone... Luckily I had just backed up my phone so I restored it no problem.

I would prefer an option on the phone itself rather than through my laptop, but any suggestion would be fantastic.

Download Titanium Backup off the market. You can backup apps and delete any app you want off your phone. I normally end up deleting 100+ things when I'm on a stock rom.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, question #2:

How would one go about adjusting android partitions? I see a ton of wasted space. I don't really want a custom rom, just want to free up some more application space.

I've been searching, but can't really find a good answer for this.

Why not a custom rom? There are no draw backs if you get a stable release. Unless you are one.of the werido's that has to have sense, I'd suggest Decks 1.2 Stable

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

Titanium Backup is what borked my phone. I ended up getting rid of the bloatware though, so that is resolved.

I don't really care about having to have sense, but I've had enough custom roms while dealing with blackberry that I really would rather not, especially since I'm not quite as comfortable with fixing android in case something goes wrong. I'd rather keep stock and just tweek a couple things.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah... Problem solved. Found a patch on xda. Regained about 50mb for Apps - not a ton but hey, I'm happy. I could probably tweek it some more now that I know what I'm doing.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
They're rooted stock custom roms out there with the bloat removed.

I know, but since I'm new to modding android devices I didn't want to do a full flash. I'm getting more comfortable every day though, I'm sure in another couple weeks I'll be running a custom rom, like I used to on my blackberry. Heh.

I did exactly what I wanted to do, I got rid of the bloatware and fixed my partitions, running stock. Nice to see i've got almost half a gig of application space, even if I have almost half of it filled with my apps - because I picked those freaking apps, dangit, Sprint didn't. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463