What do you lose?

Tyler63

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Im rooted and everything but never flashed a ROM. Im planning on doing the Xplod E4G one soon but I need help. I was wondering what do you lose when you flash, and if you do lose stuff how can I get it back. Like can i make a nandroid backup flash and restore the backup to get all my data back or what? Please Help,
Thanks

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You will lose everything. You have to wipe everything before you can flash a new rom. A new rom is going to be like opening.the phone up for the first time and setting it up.

Apps you can use Titanium Backup from the market.

What all do you want to back up?

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

Tyler63

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
What id like to backup is contacts which i can export. Maybe like bookmarks and apps. Everything else should be on my sd card i think

Ga101698

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
If you sync your contacts with your Gmail account they will be there when you sign back in to that acct. on your phone during setup.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you saved them as a Google contact, they will restore when you sign into your gmail account. For apps like.I said, download TB off the market. Backup the apps you want to save. While you are at it, you can backup your bookmarks from here also. Look for your internet icon. It should be listed as Bookmarks to the right. Back that up and boom you are done.

Important thing about restoring backups or not backing up certain things.

1. Don't make up system files. If you try to restore tthem on different roms it will screw up that rom.

To restore them, flash new rom, download TB again, allow root access. Open, scroll to very bottom of list and there will sit all the.apps you backed up. You can then click on it and hit restore>app and data.

You can also use TB to delete bloatware that sprint and HTC has added.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Do i need TB pro, or can i use the free version?

I honestly would recommend buying the full version, it's a magnificent app. The free version will back up your apps, but you can do a lot more with the pro (like batch and scheduled backups)....plus that dev team needs to be supported for making this. Some of the best money I've ever spent hands down, has saved me from so many headaches I couldn't even tell you. :)

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I use Lookout to backup my contacts and I redownload my apps by logging into the android market online and download them over the air.

What a waste of time and hassel. TB Pro for sure. Support the Dev for the work they put in to their awesome app.

Tyler63

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh one more thing when i use tb to backup, does it matter if I do a batch backup of system data and apps, or should I only do apps?

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh one more thing when i use tb to backup, does it matter if I do a batch backup of system data and apps, or should I only do apps?

Only do apps you have downloaded. If you restore system apps on a different rom.you will crash the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan