Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Beatzbyreefah's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy nightly

    Default Can I tether 4G? Usb or Wirelessly

    Well can I? If so with which ROM? Know I cant with EVolved. Cant tell with CM7.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kharyb View Post
    Well can I? If so with which ROM? Know I cant with EVolved. Cant tell with CM7.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Can I tether 4G? Usb or Wirelessly

    I run CM 7.1 and run WiFi tether hotspot with no problems. HTC EVO 4 G
  4. #4  
    SmokeCrawler's Avatar

    Posts
    1,288 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Can I tether 4G? Usb or Wirelessly

    Quote Originally Posted by kharyb View Post
    Well can I? If so with which ROM? Know I cant with EVolved. Cant tell with CM7.
    With CM7 just go into your settings and wireless and you'll have your choice of which way to tether. With wireless sometimes it takes a little bit for it to get up and running. Just a little fyi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Beatzbyreefah's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy nightly

    Default Re: Can I tether 4G? Usb or Wirelessly

    Im using wireless tethering now, use it alot actually. But if im connected to WiMax, am I tethering @ Wimaxx speeds? That is the question........
  6. #6  
    iamfuze's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeCrawler View Post
    With CM7 just go into your settings and wireless and you'll have your choice of which way to tether. With wireless sometimes it takes a little bit for it to get up and running. Just a little fyi
    When using the native tether in CM7, or any ROM, does it count for mobile hot spot under Sprint?

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  
    dumpedduce's Avatar

    Posts
    827 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic Hd

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamfuze View Post
    When using the native tether in CM7, or any ROM, does it count for mobile hot spot under Sprint?

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    No it doesn't.

    As for the OP, test your internet speed at speedtest.net with your 4G turned off and turned on. You should see a difference.
    DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via Samsung Galaxy Tab

Posting Permissions